Incheon Airport

Old Jul 30, 19, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond
Incheon Airport

Looks like they are allowing passengers to use Electronic Smart Entry and Priority Fast Track services already from 10 July this month.
http://korea.net/NewsFocus/Travel/view?articleId=173672
Old Jul 31, 19, 7:12 pm

Programs: OZ Gold
Originally Posted by vinx View Post
Looks like they are allowing passengers to use Electronic Smart Entry and Priority Fast Track services already from 10 July this month.
http://korea.net/NewsFocus/Travel/view?articleId=173672
Looking into what I can find online, it's supposedly only for elderly/young/pregnant (as before) plus those in particular businesses (and veterans). Are they now opening it to business/first class and/or elites?
Old Aug 4, 19, 8:23 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club, JL Mileage Bank
That is INCORRECT.

Here is the official website for the auto gates: Smart Entry Service > Eligibility | Smart Entry Service

You need an alien registration card (ARC) aka a foreigner resident to use them on arrival for free OR you pre-register and pay.

Tourists can only use them on DEPARTURE.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 7, 19, 9:02 pm

Programs: OZ Gold
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes View Post
That is INCORRECT.

Here is the official website for the auto gates: Smart Entry Service > Eligibility Smart Entry Service

You need an alien registration card (ARC) aka a foreigner resident to use them on arrival for free OR you pre-register and pay.

Fortunately I have an ARC. Didn't realize this was essentially the same things as when I enter: scan passport at gate, scan fingerprint at gate, enter. This is great info, thanks!
Old Aug 8, 19, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by SightseeMC View Post
Fortunately I have an ARC. Didn't realize this was essentially the same things as when I enter: scan passport at gate, scan fingerprint at gate, enter. This is great info, thanks!
Yes then you can use the gates no problem in both directions. It's a GOD SEND the gates on arrival. Even though they send Koreans through there, too, now, it's still WAY FASTER.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 13, 19, 12:35 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / AF Silver
That is INCORRECT.

Here is the official website for the auto gates: Smart Entry Service > Eligibility Smart Entry Service

How do tourists use it? And where do you find the list of countries that are eligible? etc etc...
Old Aug 13, 19, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
How do tourists use it? And where do you find the list of countries that are eligible? etc etc...
When you leave Korea - anyone can use the gate. Don't have to do anything special.

It's on arrival that you need to be Korean citizen, a registered foreign that lives in Korea (with what they call an Alien Registration Card), OR sign up for the Smart Entry Service through the website. That website will tell you the rules, how much it costs, etc.
Old Aug 14, 19, 5:12 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / AF Silver
When you leave Korea - anyone can use the gate. Don't have to do anything special.

It's on arrival that you need to be Korean citizen, a registered foreign that lives in Korea (with what they call an Alien Registration Card), OR sign up for the Smart Entry Service through the website. That website will tell you the rules, how much it costs, etc.
Thanks. Well I guess it's a bit hard for me then, I have global entry through the green card, but it seems that SES is only for US Citizens even if you have global entry.
Old Aug 15, 19, 9:48 pm

Programs: CX Gold, KE Morning Calm, Marriott Platinum
SES is also available for HKSAR passport holder but prior registration is needed as they need to collect your finger print.
Registration can only be done after you enter Korea (i.e. first time need to use traditional immigration counter, once you got registered you can use it in both arrival and departure in your next trip to Korea).
Old Aug 18, 19, 4:16 pm

I have been through ICN more time than i can remember. it used to be better 10 years ago.
Old Aug 19, 19, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by capo1211 View Post
I have been through ICN more time than i can remember. it used to be better 10 years ago.
100% agree with you.
Old Aug 22, 19, 7:42 am

Programs: Asiana Diamond
I've also been through it a lot over the past 10 years, what makes you say it used to be better?
Old Yesterday, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elliott44k View Post
I've also been through it a lot over the past 10 years, what makes you say it used to be better?
Just a overall experiences then was better than now. These days, it's kind of hit and miss and to pass through customs can be daunting even though bit better after KE and Sky Team moved to T2. Hopefully, my next experience will be better when I am there in October and December.
Old Yesterday, 10:39 pm

Personally, I haven't been to T1 since the readjustment. I'm a KE guy (Atlanta is where I'm from in the US - that nonstop gets my yearly business). I can say T2 is dead quiet and lovely. The security process barely takes more than 5 minutes every time I've traveled. I am also morning calm - so no check in lines AND I have resident status so I use automatic gates on exit/arrival....

But I'm curious how it's "not as good." I would imagine that it's less crowded with more airlines in T2..... and T1 is better because all the full service carriers like Singapore, AA have moved up (whereas they used to be in the Concourse).

That being said - I've noticed even Customs at T2 - they flag a TON more people now. Back in the day when everything was one building - they just let you all go through. Now they have time to actually send you through for a scan. And they often do. I even had my friends prescriptions searched and confiscated (They picked them up on departure and were allowed enough for their stay here).