Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

OZ ICN International Transfer : 70 min enough?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

Traveling Asiana with ICN connection of 70 min. Route is HNL-ICN-BKK.

Is 70 min really enough time?

THanks. .

Last edited by 747FC; Nov 22, 2017 at 2:17 am
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by 747FC
Traveling Asians with ICN connection of 70 min. Route is HNL-ICN-BKK.

Is 70 min really enough time?

THanks. .
I'd have no issues with that at ICN, OZ to OZ......
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Paella747
I'd have no issues with that at ICN, OZ to OZ......
Thank you!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
I would be surprised if it took more than 15 ~ 20 minutes max.
747FC likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA MP (Plat)
Originally Posted by nme7
I would be surprised if it took more than 15 ~ 20 minutes max.
So, no security check for international transit pax, as they make one do at Narita?
I have a similar OZ-OZ transit coming up at the weekend, but with WAY more time than OP. So this is just curiosity.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by forestial
So, no security check for international transit pax, as they make one do at Narita?
I have a similar OZ-OZ transit coming up at the weekend, but with WAY more time than OP. So this is just curiosity.
Yes there is security but it moves pretty fast; there's usually 4–6 lanes open every time I pass through there. Longest I've waited was maybe 15 minutes but that was coming off a full 777 from JFK during the afternoon rush and I was seated in 41J
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Hi, can I check what's the average time taken now for international transfer in ICN T1? I have an arriving flight from SIN with a 85min layover and departing on OZ flight to NRT at 0900hr? Is 85min doable with check-in luggage to be transferred from SQ to OZ? Both flights are on separate ticket. Thanks!

Last edited by hclee01; Aug 24, 2019 at 10:26 am
Old Aug 25, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
You should be fine. There are some assumptions here. You can get your bag checked all the way to NRT and your flight arrives at ICN on time. If this is your situation, the transfer takes only minutes. As you deplane your first flight, head to the transfer area and present new boarding pass. 10-15 minutes.

If you are not able to check your bags to NRT, then this is where the fun begins. I've done this in under 30 minutes but it can take up to an hour moving at a leisurely pace. Assuming your flight arrives on time, you are one of the first ones off the plane, have already filled out the immigration paperwork or using APEC card, your luggage has priority tags, filled out the customs declaration, then it should go smoothly. Then once you've gone upstairs and rechecked bags for the next flight, get right back into the security line as that gets busy in the mornings. APEC card will also help you here, you can go to the side for priority screening.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by nme7
You should be fine. There are some assumptions here. You can get your bag checked all the way to NRT and your flight arrives at ICN on time. If this is your situation, the transfer takes only minutes. As you deplane your first flight, head to the transfer area and present new boarding pass. 10-15 minutes.

If you are not able to check your bags to NRT, then this is where the fun begins. I've done this in under 30 minutes but it can take up to an hour moving at a leisurely pace. Assuming your flight arrives on time, you are one of the first ones off the plane, have already filled out the immigration paperwork or using APEC card, your luggage has priority tags, filled out the customs declaration, then it should go smoothly. Then once you've gone upstairs and rechecked bags for the next flight, get right back into the security line as that gets busy in the mornings. APEC card will also help you here, you can go to the side for priority screening.
Thanks for your insights, greatly appreciate it.

While the OZ agent in SIN told me that 60min is the minimum connecting time (MCT), I am getting a little worried as the expertflyer showed that the MCT is 110min for T1-T1 transfer in ICN. I am going to check with SQ if they are able to tag my luggage all the way to NRT (since both airlines are Star Alliance network).

My only concern is that if they stick strictly to the MCT time frame, I will be kind of stuck of having to reclaim luggage and check-in again. While, I am flying in J class, I would kind of prefer to stick to just airside transfer as clearing immigration and claiming luggage, and re-check-in can pose higher risk of missing the connecting flight.

Last edited by hclee01; Aug 25, 2019 at 3:24 am
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by hclee01
Thanks for your insights, greatly appreciate it.

While the OZ agent in SIN told me that 60min is the minimum connecting time (MCT), I am getting a little worried as the expertflyer showed that the MCT is 110min for T1-T1 transfer in ICN. I am going to check with SQ if they are able to tag my luggage all the way to NRT (since both airlines are Star Alliance network).

My only concern is that if they stick strictly to the MCT time frame, I will be kind of stuck of having to reclaim luggage and check-in again. While, I am flying in J class, I would kind of prefer to stick to just airside transfer as clearing immigration and claiming luggage, and re-check-in can pose higher risk of missing the connecting flight.
You're reading expertflyer wrong... I-I T1-T1 MCT at ICN is 1h10 min not 110min
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by truncated
You're reading expertflyer wrong... I-I T1-T1 MCT at ICN is 1h10 min not 110min
Oh mine, you are right. What a scare I have given myself. It is indeed 1hr 10min. I am awaiting for SIA to reply if they are able to check-through to OZ on a separate ticket. Thanks for highlighting the error.

Last edited by hclee01; Aug 25, 2019 at 9:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.