Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit AC econ fares to Asiana

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *G/AC 35K *S/Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by myshaft
As stated earlier on AC FLEX Domestic I got one at 50% and the others at 100%, which I cannot explain why. For AC BASIC/STANDARD it's 0% for sure. If anybody has 0% on Flex domestic please speak up!
I am extremely confused in regards to the AC Flex fare. If more people could give their experiences, that would be amazing.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 7:05 pm

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I contacted Asiana before checking this thread (why???) and now see my answer in post #51 .

My question was what percentage I would earn for a “economy - standard” A class international booking. I sent them my ticket number, as well as a screen shot of my booking showing “economy - standard” and “Class:A.” (I now see from post 51 it will be 50%.)

Here is Asiana’s reply (TL; DR, they don’t know either!):Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Asiana Airlines Regional Headquarters, the Americas.
We will be happy to assist you.
Since mileage accrual ratio decided by the class of operating flight, you may contact AC to clarify your booking class.
We had same inquiry before we contact AC,
But AC staff said that Mileage accumulation was based on a 'STANDARD' Branded Fare product.
We apologize for this unsatisfactory answer, however, mileage accumulation for AC cannot be controlled by Asiana Airlines.
You may bring this case further up with AC, as they are the ones that set the standard and very complicated for the mileage accrual.
You may confirm with AC which category your fare belongs to.

We will appreciate your understanding. Thank you for your inquiry.
______

I’ve read it multiple times, and I get the feeling that they think how many Aeroplan miles I’ll earn - but I made it clear I was asking about Asiana Club miles. That could just be my misinterpretation based on subtle nuances lost in translation, and hopefully I’m wrong.

It would be nice if Asiana updated their charts to reflect the same words that AC uses to prevent all of this confusion.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
thats still not super helpful....

Any one had recent reports of international basic fare crediting 25%?
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by UAConcorde
thats still not super helpful....

Any one had recent reports of international basic fare crediting 25%?
For international flights, unless the fare is nonrev, you will earn at least some miles. Basic international/USA should be 25%.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
i was hoping it would be at least 50%, so its confirmed economy basics are 25% now regardless of fare class?
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by UAConcorde
i was hoping it would be at least 50%, so its confirmed economy basics are 25% now regardless of fare class?
AC Economy standard is 50%, just like Aeroplan.
AC Basic Economy is 25%.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:42 pm

ok so seems like the only exception to this is Egypt air, who is not crediting according to AC's branded fares at this moment, and Economy basics still earn 50% according to fare class, so more miles than aeroplan.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by OccasionallyFlying
For international flights, unless the fare is nonrev, you will earn at least some miles. Basic international/USA should be 25%.
Have anything changed with domestic?
Old Apr 19, 2020, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Have anything changed with domestic?
Unlikely. I took a 3 segment, 2 stop domestic itinerary from Vancouver to Edmonton via Kelowna and Calgary on February 7. Booked as AC Standard and didn't earn anything.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Unlikely. I took a 3 segment, 2 stop domestic itinerary from Vancouver to Edmonton via Kelowna and Calgary on February 7. Booked as AC Standard and didn't earn anything.
Why didn't you credit to another program then?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Why didn't you credit to another program then?
This was my first time crediting an AC domestic fare to OZ. I was under the impression that I would earn the same as if I would've purchased an Economy Standard ticket for US/Intl' travel.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 8:28 am

If this helps, I had a few AC Economy flights credited to OZ before the lockdown. On Asiana's Star Alliance matrix for AC, it mentions Normal, Discount & Special fare classes. I definitely bought this ticket on sale so I'd imagine this would have gone into the Discount bucket. Anyways, surprised that I got 100% for my AC domestic flights.

MEL-YVR in K (50%)
YVR-YYZ in V (100%)
YYZ-YEG in V (100%)
YEG-YVR in V (100%)
YVR-MEL in K (50%)
Old Apr 21, 2020, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by msx7t
If this helps, I had a few AC Economy flights credited to OZ before the lockdown. On Asiana's Star Alliance matrix for AC, it mentions Normal, Discount & Special fare classes. I definitely bought this ticket on sale so I'd imagine this would have gone into the Discount bucket. Anyways, surprised that I got 100% for my AC domestic flights.

MEL-YVR in K (50%)
YVR-YYZ in V (100%)
YYZ-YEG in V (100%)
YEG-YVR in V (100%)
YVR-MEL in K (50%)
It's possible that your domestic flights coded as an international flight simply due to your connections. In your booking confirmation, what fare class does it state?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:16 pm

It's possible that your domestic flights coded as an international flight simply due to your connections. In your booking confirmation, what fare class does it state?
Wasn't able to get a screenshot but it says, Economy (lowest) on my booking confirmation.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
I had an AC international itinerary with an intra-Canada segment last year and did not get any miles for the intra-Canada segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.