Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit AC econ fares to Asiana

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoyed Gold
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Basic and standard are 0 for domestic regardless of fare class.
Originally Posted by myshaft
For domestic am really scratching my head. Two of my last three AC bookings were on FLEX (both via AC website), one earned 100% (YWG-YYZ) and the other 50% (YYZ-YUL). The STANDARD booking (YYZ-YYC) got 0 miles so I know now not to credit to OZ here. The question is why did would one FLEX map to OZ's "Normal Fare" and the other "Discount Fare"? Both fare codes for FLEX showed FL at the end not TG.
New to OZ. Signed up with them this year because UA's MileagePlus revenue thresholds make it untenable for me to re-achieve *G as a self-funded leisure flyer (actually, flyer *plus partner* because I'm buying for two).

Yikes, your recent reports of standard K fares still earning only 50% for international segments and 0 for domestic are disheartening. OZ's website quotes 100% for standard K, but it also has this nasty little footnote: Mileage may not be earned according to the fare rules of the purchased ticket regardless of the accrual table above.

It also seems like the earnings are not consistent.

I'm going to stick with your recent experiences and avoid domestic Canada AC K fares. I'm better off crediting those to UA, despite me having 0 chance of even re-earning Silver with them in 2020 so the points are basically going to be orphaned. The RDMs are negligible too for the cheap fares I'm eyeing for ORD-Canadian city 1 - Canadian city 2.

I could screenshot and email OZ to argue for the miles, but that footnote would probably let OZ off the hook. Any ideas as to what I should look for in the fare rules that might indicate whether a fare might be deemed lower-earning despite being booked as Standard?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *G/AC 35K *S/Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Hilton Gold
I just recently took 3 segments with air canada domestic in Standard. I did not earn any mileage for these fares.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by OccasionallyFlying
I just recently took 3 segments with air canada domestic in Standard. I did not earn any mileage for these fares.
Thank you for advising! I see you have status through OZ, too so I would expect to have the same experience attempting to credit to OZ.

I have another itinerary, AC K Standard fare SJO - YYZ - [United States airport]. As these are both international segments, in your experience would these segments each likely earn 50% on OZ?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by wkndflyr
Thank you for advising! I see you have status through OZ, too so I would expect to have the same experience attempting to credit to OZ.

I have another itinerary, AC K Standard fare SJO - YYZ - [United States airport]. One way, not round trip. As these are both international segments, in your experience would these segments each likely earn 50% on OZ?
You would most likely get 50% for all segments since they would be coded as international flights. AC Earnings on OZ Club is incredibly slow to credit and you may have to manually request it via the online form.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:19 pm

You would most likely get 50% for all segments since they would be coded as international flights. AC Earnings on OZ Club is incredibly slow to credit and you may have to manually request it via the online form.
Thank you OccasionallyFlying!
OccasionallyFlying likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:15 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
New to OZ. Signed up with them this year because UA's MileagePlus revenue thresholds make it untenable for me to re-achieve *G as a self-funded leisure flyer (actually, flyer *plus partner* because I'm buying for two).

Yikes, your recent reports of standard K fares still earning only 50% for international segments and 0 for domestic are disheartening. OZ's website quotes 100% for standard K, but it also has this nasty little footnote: Mileage may not be earned according to the fare rules of the purchased ticket regardless of the accrual table above.

It also seems like the earnings are not consistent.

I'm going to stick with your recent experiences and avoid domestic Canada AC K fares. I'm better off crediting those to UA, despite me having 0 chance of even re-earning Silver with them in 2020 so the points are basically going to be orphaned. The RDMs are negligible too for the cheap fares I'm eyeing for ORD-Canadian city 1 - Canadian city 2.

I could screenshot and email OZ to argue for the miles, but that footnote would probably let OZ off the hook. Any ideas as to what I should look for in the fare rules that might indicate whether a fare might be deemed lower-earning despite being booked as Standard?
The chart is kind of weird.

Special Fare on Asiana's chart = Air Canada Basic
Discount Fare = AC Standard
Normal Fare = AC Flex/Latitude
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:20 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold

I've found the Asiana chart for other *A members strange too. The Austrian economy flex fare counts as a discount fare for OZ earning and doesn't earn any miles.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:28 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dcmike
I've found the Asiana chart for other *A members strange too. The Austrian economy flex fare counts as a discount fare for OZ earning and doesn't earn any miles.
That is because LH Group now offers light/standard/flex on almost every economy fare code. When flying LH group the actual fare code letter is what matters, not whether you buy light/standard/flex. Silly stuff.
dcmike and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by zeer0
That is because LH Group now offers light/standard/flex on almost every economy fare code. When flying LH group the actual fare code letter is what matters, not whether you buy light/standard/flex. Silly stuff.
Thanks for the explanation - I was wondering how I could have a Flex fare and not earn any miles.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:46 pm

Thank you for matching these up - very clear and easy to understand this way!
Now I'll know what AC fare types to avoid, or to credit to UA instead.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Thank you for matching these up - very clear and easy to understand this way!
Now I'll know what AC fare types to avoid, or to credit to UA instead.
If you flew a fare that doesn't earn miles with OZ but earns miles with UA, you can claim the individual segments that didn't earn any miles with MileagePlus even if your OZ number was associated with it flight.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:12 am

For domestic flights, it seems like mileage is earned as:

Discount Fare 0% = AC Basic/Standard/Flex
Normal Fare 50% = AC Comfort
Normal Fare 100% = AC Latitude

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I thought OZ didn't give miles for any domestic AC flights?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I thought OZ didn't give miles for any domestic AC flights?
I earned 100% on a domestic latitude fare in January. Comfort/Latitude fares aren't exactly the most economical for most so I think there might've been some confusion there due to the lack of experience from other FT users.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: AF Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, AC 25K, United MP Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

As stated earlier on AC FLEX Domestic I got one at 50% and the others at 100%, which I cannot explain why. For AC BASIC/STANDARD it's 0% for sure. If anybody has 0% on Flex domestic please speak up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.