Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit AC econ fares to Asiana

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:54 pm

Flew on 7/29: booked via UA codeshare in January in R/S (UA fare codes). OZ mileage earned: BRU-YUL N (PE) 100%; YUL-LAX T: 50%. I have no idea what 'discount' and 'special' mean, but I basically paid a discounted Y fare for a mixed PE/Y itinerary. If special = basic economy, then I would say 25% is quite generous considering how many flights earn 0 miles for OZ on other airlines.

I was actually really worried about getting the correct mileage for the PE section. I originally booked these flights in Y, but I changed the itinerary after the price for PE dropped by 60%. Unfortunately, there was a coding error between UA and AC, where AC initially rejected the new booking because the UA R fare code was not translated into the correct AC fare code (R is PE for UA, but it is upgraded ticket/no mileage for AC). Only after lengthy calls and Twitter DM's to both UA and AC, did I finally get AC to honor the booking and the class. Unfortunately, even after all the hassle, AC's website still showed my flight as R / upgraded, which would not earn any miles. Only after getting my boarding pass did their system finally correct itself.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:57 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
I credit all my Air Canada flights to Asiana.

When I started to buy Tango Fares, the internal Canada domestic leg earned zero. The international leg earned 50%.

Once I while I do fly Premium Economy to Japan or Hong Kong, the domestic Canadian leg is booked in Y and normally earns 100% miles and the international leg also earns 100%

Tango Plus. The International leg earns 100%. The domestic Canadian leg varies. There are times I only earn 50% and sometimes 100%.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by yeunganson
I credit all my Air Canada flights to Asiana.

When I started to buy Tango Fares, the internal Canada domestic leg earned zero. The international leg earned 50%.

Once I while I do fly Premium Economy to Japan or Hong Kong, the domestic Canadian leg is booked in Y and normally earns 100% miles and the international leg also earns 100%

Tango Plus. The International leg earns 100%. The domestic Canadian leg varies. There are times I only earn 50% and sometimes 100%.
Have you credited any AC flights to OZ since the change with OZ?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
EWR YVR on AC on standard fare, 50% as expected on Asiana. No surprise.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gasolin
EWR YVR on AC on standard fare, 50% as expected on Asiana. No surprise.
Not surprised either. I actually flew YVR-EWR on AC and got 50% for OZ. I don't think they do basic economy on that route? I recalled seeing only economy standard. Anyways, nice flight as it was on a B787.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Not surprised either. I actually flew YVR-EWR on AC and got 50% for OZ. I don't think they do basic economy on that route? I recalled seeing only economy standard. Anyways, nice flight as it was on a B787.
They might, I wouldn't know, my Concur system for my work never shows any basic economy fares. As it stands, I am now 7200 miles away of Diamond Plus.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AF Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, AC 25K, United MP Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Basic/Standard domestic fares on Air Canada will earn 0 on OZ, can anyone confirm? Flex does but I've seen mileage vary.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by myshaft
Basic/Standard domestic fares on Air Canada will earn 0 on OZ, can anyone confirm? Flex does but I've seen mileage vary.
Yes should be 0 for domestic.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by myshaft
Can confirm from personal experience it's 0.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zeer0
Regardless of the fare class?
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Regardless of the fare class?
Basic and standard are 0 for domestic regardless of fare class.
lsquare and zeer0 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: OZ*G
Originally Posted by zeer0
Same, had thought it was a QK/Air Canada Express issue but seems like its because of this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:03 pm

im still confused bout branded fares. you are now dealing with domestic and int. for same fare class and they earn differently.

Does * for domestic mapping work (as the Classes can exist in multiple branded fares, ie. G,S,T,L,A,K are in all 3)
BASIC > No Mles
FLEX > 25%
COMFORT > 50%
LATITUDE > 100

can somebody tell me if this works for domestic and what would be different for Int

Last edited by hotpopcorn; Feb 7, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Old Feb 9, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *G/AC 35K *S/Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hotpopcorn
im still confused bout branded fares. you are now dealing with domestic and int. for same fare class and they earn differently.

Does * for domestic mapping work (as the Classes can exist in multiple branded fares, ie. G,S,T,L,A,K are in all 3)
BASIC > No Mles
FLEX > 25%
COMFORT > 50%
LATITUDE > 100

can somebody tell me if this works for domestic and what would be different for Int
I can't confirm domestic flights but I can confirm that international(incl. US) flights earn the following:
STANDARD - 50% (min 250 miles)
FLEX/LATITUDE - 100% (min 500 miles)
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: AF Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, AC 25K, United MP Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OccasionallyFlying
I can't confirm domestic flights but I can confirm that international(incl. US) flights earn the following:
STANDARD - 50% (min 250 miles)
FLEX/LATITUDE - 100% (min 500 miles)
For domestic am really scratching my head. Two of my last three AC bookings were on FLEX (both via AC website), one earned 100% (YWG-YYZ) and the other 50% (YYZ-YUL). The STANDARD booking (YYZ-YYC) got 0 miles so I know now not to credit to OZ here. The question is why did would one FLEX map to OZ's "Normal Fare" and the other "Discount Fare"? Both fare codes for FLEX showed FL at the end not TG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.