Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana adds 2nd daily to JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Asiana adds 2nd daily to JFK

Asiana just have loaded 2nd JFK daily flight at night. From Nov 24th (25th from JFK):

OZ222 ICN-JFK 1050am-1050am A359
OZ224 ICN-JFK 1050pm-1100pm A359 (NEW)

OZ221 JFK-ICN 100pm-530pm A359
OZ223 JFK-ICN 0035am-515am A359 (NEW)

Loaded only until late March 2020 for now. Great news!!
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Dang that's LATE. I've always flown the daytime flights to ATL on KE...but I've wondered if an evening flight would be "easier" for jet lag. I've gotten very good at sleeping as little as possible before AM flight - sleep on plane as much as I can - stay awake all day in the US upon landing.

But it seems even more opposite - 10:50 PM departure is 9:50 AM in the USA - so one should stay awake on the flight....but it's impossible because it's so late....so then you land in NYC at 11 PM and then do what haha?

The Midnight JFK flight now that's easy - sleep on US time, wake up and have a LOOOOONG day in Seoul.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Yes, too late. A week ago, there was an article that Asiana is preparing 2nd daily JFK leaving 730pm. I wonder JFK gate situation is the reason for a such late schedule. Beside that, I'm still sad because 1. It's not EWR. 2. 2nd JFK is better than ORD (yes, I'm biased because I live in Midwest).
slimjin likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE, AA, UA, *G
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
I'm still sad because 1. It's not EWR. 2. 2nd JFK is better than ORD (yes, I'm biased because I live in Midwest).
Same here. I really wish OZ (or even NH or BR) flew into EWR, or even IAD.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:13 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by slimjin
Same here. I really wish OZ (or even NH or BR) flew into EWR, or even IAD.
I think NH does fly to IAD.

LAX
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE, AA, UA, *G
Originally Posted by LAX
I think NH does fly to IAD
Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot about that. Still, EWR would be nice too
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:22 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by slimjin
Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot about that. Still, EWR would be nice too
I hear you. I guess foreign carriers that still serve JFK instead of EWR don't really care about connection UA may offer. I supposed anyone that really need to fly into EWR rather than JFK can reach one of UA's other international gateways and connect to EWR instead.

LAX
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Dang that's LATE. I've always flown the daytime flights to ATL on KE...but I've wondered if an evening flight would be "easier" for jet lag. I've gotten very good at sleeping as little as possible before AM flight - sleep on plane as much as I can - stay awake all day in the US upon landing.

But it seems even more opposite - 10:50 PM departure is 9:50 AM in the USA - so one should stay awake on the flight....but it's impossible because it's so late....so then you land in NYC at 11 PM and then do what haha?

The Midnight JFK flight now that's easy - sleep on US time, wake up and have a LOOOOONG day in Seoul.
I think they are competing against KAL on the evening route, so they are targeting the same time slot then KAL. It is a perfect time frame for us, since we live in Jeju when we go to Korea. Until now, on our way back, we had to fly the day before, and it's a big hassle with a dog. Now we can fly the same day. Very happy about it myself.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Gasolin
I think they are competing against KAL on the evening route, so they are targeting the same time slot then KAL. It is a perfect time frame for us, since we live in Jeju when we go to Korea. Until now, on our way back, we had to fly the day before, and it's a big hassle with a dog. Now we can fly the same day. Very happy about it myself.
Yes but KE leaves at 7:30 arrives 9 PM - that's much more reasonable after a LONG flight IMO... you can work with that jet lag/those times more easily.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Yes but KE leaves at 7:30 arrives 9 PM - that's much more reasonable after a LONG flight IMO... you can work with that jet lag/those times more easily.
Possibly a slot/gate availability issue? The BR flight from TPE arrives 10.05pm and CA arrives 11.55pm(!) from PEK, among others
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:29 am

Ah what can I say - I guess I’m just too used to my daytime eastbound ATL on KE...been doing that one for years!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I totally agree with you on this. It's much easier on the midnight JFK flight. Good luck on the late departure out of ICN. I would probably avoid it if you have work the following morning.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
I hear you, but I don't really mind... it's good for me, and everyone not living in Seoul will be happy with that flight. I'll just sleep btw, who cares. It's a long flight.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Outbound schedule has been improved. In winter season,
OZ224 2025-2020
In summer season,
OZ224 2150-2300
I bet Asiana is still looking for adjusting summer schedule, too. It's far away for now, though. And Asiana will add shuttle services to NJ and PHL in the evening on top of the current mid-day shuttles (technically free but there's a mandatory $5 tip which is still extremely cheap and convenient).
mikesaidyes likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Gasolin
I hear you, but I don't really mind... it's good for me, and everyone not living in Seoul will be happy with that flight. I'll just sleep btw, who cares. It's a long flight.
Oh there will be many Koreans that want to work ALL day, have dinner, do it all and then take that late flight. That's what the commercials here are advertising, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.