FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   no more F availability at all (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1967439-no-more-f-availability-all.html)

TheHak Apr 29, 2019 7:51 am

no more F availability at all

I was looking at flying JFK to ICN yesterday and there was a ton of F award availability on multiple dates and it has completely vanished. Any chance this will come back?

ttuna3 Apr 29, 2019 8:31 am

When are you planning to fly? There might be a plane change to the A350 from the A380, or OZ has decided that they can sell all of the F seats beforehand. You could try a dummy booking to see which plane it is and how many seats are left for sale.

I'm not sure what the OZ comfort level is on how many seats they'll put up for award travel but since there's only a dozen seats in the F cabin, I'd be surprised if they'll make more than 1 or 2 seats available for awards. If it's still showing over half open a week or so out they might open up a couple but not very likely.

It might just be the simple explanation that all of the ones that they made available have already been taken.

TheHak Apr 29, 2019 8:33 am

They had 5 free per day almost every day and yes you can still do a dummy booking and it is still the a380 on those dates

agjil May 3, 2019 7:40 am

OZ is considering axing F entirely (including the A380s), and because of that they pulled all F inventory from all flights after a certain date this year. (I forgot what exact date it was.)
This includes not just award inventory but also revenue F inventory.

MW147 May 3, 2019 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by agjil (Post 31063047)
OZ is considering axing F entirely (including the A380s), and because of that they pulled all F inventory from all flights after a certain date this year. (I forgot what exact date it was.)
This includes not just award inventory but also revenue F inventory.

So they are just going to fly with empty seats in F? Or will they upgrade elite flyers from business?

agjil May 3, 2019 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by MW147 (Post 31064343)
So they are just going to fly with empty seats in F? Or will they upgrade elite flyers from business?

Nothing has been decided yet.
OZ may even just continue selling F again...nobody knows at this point what's going to happen.
Let's wait a few months and see what OZ decides to do.

gpy May 4, 2019 10:20 am

I have 2 F award seats on the A380 JFK-ICN in 4 months. As of now First is no longer bookable on this fight. Since its peak season I'm 99% certain they will keep the A380 on this route so I'm not worried about losing the suite seat but wonder if we will get business service on this flight?

bobbybrown May 4, 2019 11:13 am

It appears that all F booking is closed from Sep 1st, 2019. Asiana is evaluating various cost reduction measures (including ORD cut) and evaluating-F might be part of the effort. Asiana cannot remove A380 because it's not leased and we know A380 isn't popular at the secondhand market. My bet is to convert F section into economy class. As an interim, those seats might be sold as a premium business class that it does on the regional (HKG BKK) A380 routes.

In the meantime, all we can do is patiently wait for the announcement.. or pray F come back.

ttuna3 May 4, 2019 3:38 pm

Or maybe they'll just do what everybody else did when they got rid of F and turn it into more J seats. That's what DL, KL did with the 747s and what everybody has done with the single deck wide bodies when they dump F. They might also be thinking of converting the F cabin to a real PE as well. Just like UA has been doing and OZ is doing now with their 747s, I'm sure that they'll use the current F cabin, until they replace them, as a premium J or give it to the OZ elites with purchased J.

Resonant Programmer May 7, 2019 12:32 am

Official Announcement

Via Google Translate:

Business Suite Reorganization Guide (First Class service discontinued)

Asiana Airlines will stop First Class service on September 1st and introduce Business Suite as follows:

1. Application route and date of application
  • Incheon ↔ Los Angeles OZ 201 / OZ202
  • Incheon ↔ New York (JFK) OZ 222 / OZ 221
  • Incheon ↔ Frankfurt OZ 541 / 5 OZ 542
2. Business Suite
  • (1)Applied class: J class
  • (2)Applicable seats: 12 seats with independent space operated by the existing First-Suite class
    ※ Use of the first-class first-class seats as the upper business class price
    https://ozimg.flyasiana.com/editor/i...7084f53a9.jpeg
  • (3)Lounge: Incheon International Airport First Class Lounge
  • (4)Other services (catering, group products, free checked baggage, mileage, etc.)
    → current business class and the same service

https://flyasiana.com/C/kr/ko/custom...05070001138324

Sauraigne May 7, 2019 1:21 am

Can anyone advice a good cash fare for A380 first class while it lasts? Any route, but the one that is to\from Europe is better. I can't find anything less then 3500 USD one-way.

IAH2MEL May 7, 2019 4:28 pm

This is an unfortunate development, especially as I am someone who is scheduled to travel F from ICN-JFK on September 25.

Anybody have an idea if we get some of the miles used? TBH it is not the end of the world, as I took advantage of the 145% LM purchase and the 72K special from ICN-JFK.

ebs02 May 7, 2019 4:32 pm

Advice on "First" mileage ticket

Originally Posted by IAH2MEL (Post 31077448)
This is an unfortunate development, especially as I am someone who is scheduled to travel F from ICN-JFK on September 25.

Anybody have an idea if we get some of the miles used?

I'm in a similar boat. Purchased two "first" United MileagePlus seats LAX-ICN in November. Surely United will have to redeposit some of the miles, right? Does anyone have any advice on how and when to approach United about this?

Vaguswarrior May 8, 2019 8:29 am

I literally am flying "First" on September 1st....I had been planning a once in a lifetime time trip for my wife and I, as we aren't often flyers. Very upset that we are having the section of our flight downgraded after working on our routing for months. Not sure what to do.

discoseal May 8, 2019 10:22 am

Interesting how it codes as J though. I wonder what code they'll be using for actual business.

I know that when MH made the same move, their Business Suite still codes as F.