Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no more F availability at all

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by discoseal
Interesting how it codes as J though. I wonder what code they'll be using for actual business.

I know that when MH made the same move, their Business Suite still codes as F.
OZ is going to code it as J, just like you saw.
Basically only the full-fare business class fare class (J) qualifies for business suite access.
You can't sit in the business suites if you book anything lower than the actual J fare class.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:43 pm

Kinda sad OZ decided to abandon F.
OZ F might not have been the best first class product in the market but nevertheless it is always disappointing to see an airline dropping first class.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:11 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
It seems from the website that, for the moment, it is still F branded as business.

You get the lounge, the first food and beverage, and the space.

It likely won't last like this but in the near term, this will likely help with the pain.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Can anyone work out the business suites isn't starting to 12 September as per the diagram above on the website ?
Old May 10, 2019, 4:30 am

Booked on FRA-ICN-FRA later this year (October) in F. Used SAS Eurobonus points, and therefore booked in O. So far my reservation has not changed. I still am booked in «O». I also would like some reimbursement of points, as the service concept is clearly not what I paid for. However, I believe it is highly unlikely to happen. Please share experiences.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I am on kix (j) - ICN-LAX (O) booked on Krisflyer points. My reservation is still showing as O as well.
Last year, when OZ went to a seasonal downgrade of the plane, Singapore changed my ICN-LAX flight to the SQ operated flight. Not sure what they will do this year, especially if the booking class does not change.
Personally, I have not called yet since my reservation is not until December and I am not sure where I ultimately want to fly back from anyways.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:59 pm

Any update on this? is the business suites bookable through points now?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:56 pm

I managed to find and book an F seat for the end of June for A3 miles.
The hunt was long and hard. But yes, it’s not impossible.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:23 am

Played with dummy bookings in for right after the effective date for to/ex-LAX and can confirm, they're only giving the option for "Business Suite" for full-fare Business. No option to buy-up like regional flights (like the $100 US upcharge for 747 flights). The seats are un-selectable if you don't do full-flex business.

They're still doing interstitial advertisements like you could surcharge buy up even if you select deep-discount business, though.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by JamesBond_ppk
Booked on FRA-ICN-FRA later this year (October) in F. Used SAS Eurobonus points, and therefore booked in O. So far my reservation has not changed. I still am booked in «O». I also would like some reimbursement of points, as the service concept is clearly not what I paid for. However, I believe it is highly unlikely to happen. Please share experiences.
Update: this week, my reservation was changed and I received an updated itinerary. Booking class is now showing "I". Fortunately it seems the seat assignments have not changed, likely meaning that passengers previously assigned a seat in First class section would under normal circumstances now be assigned the same seat in Business Suites (needs to be checked). I sure hope it stays this way. I have requested a refund of the mileage difference to SAS, no news so far.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by JamesBond_ppk
Update: this week, my reservation was changed and I received an updated itinerary. Booking class is now showing "I". Fortunately it seems the seat assignments have not changed, likely meaning that passengers previously assigned a seat in First class section would under normal circumstances now be assigned the same seat in Business Suites (needs to be checked). I sure hope it stays this way. I have requested a refund of the mileage difference to SAS, no news so far.
Intersting, does this mean that I class qualifies? I am trying to book via United, and both saver and regular business award is coded as I. Unclear if this will be regular business of business suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.