FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Standby upgrade (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1964559-standby-upgrade.html)

flyingkid Apr 8, 2019 8:32 pm

Standby upgrade

Hello

Has anyone successfully used the service before? I have a return ticket in Class K (which is eligible for the standby upgrade to C class according to the website). I am flying on the 11th but today when I tried to apply for the standby upgrade service on the official website it just wouldn't let me. I then called the Asiana ticketing office and the lady said there is nothing she can do about it?! Has anyone experienced this before?

nme7 Apr 9, 2019 12:16 am

Did you purchase the ticket directly through Asiana or through an online travel site?

flyingkid Apr 9, 2019 3:18 am

Originally Posted by nme7 (Post 30980629)
Did you purchase the ticket directly through Asiana or through an online travel site?

Hello I purchased it at the Asiana ticketing office directly.

racerxpa2000 Apr 14, 2019 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by flyingkid (Post 30980238)
Hello

Has anyone successfully used the service before? I have a return ticket in Class K (which is eligible for the standby upgrade to C class according to the website). I am flying on the 11th but today when I tried to apply for the standby upgrade service on the official website it just wouldn't let me. I then called the Asiana ticketing office and the lady said there is nothing she can do about it?! Has anyone experienced this before?

I had the same issue. I called them up. They said it's only available for select passengers and/or select routes, with it not being available at all times.

HawaiiO May 7, 2019 5:37 pm

Anyone able to successfully get this to work?

The website https://flyasiana.com/C/US/EN/contents/upgrade-standby says ICN to SEA is available but not for codeshare flights.
However there is only one OZ flight between ICN and SEA and it has a codeshare with UA...
Would this flight then be eligible ?

tks

ttuna3 May 8, 2019 8:15 am

HawaiiO,

It all depends on who sold you the ticket and which airline issued it. If your ticket is on OZ (988-) stock then you're OK if they're offering it. If it's UA stock (016-) then you're not. OZ is usually pretty picky about things like that.

tookay May 22, 2019 1:00 pm

I just tried to do this and I am ticketed in an appropriate fare class (Q) with a ticket number beginning with 988..

Called reservations and they told me:

1. The ticket must have been purchased through the website.

2. You must be an Asiana Club member.

I purchased my ticket at an Asiana ticket office and I am not an Asiana Club member. The agent told me I was out of luck.

Just for fun, I created an Asiana log in, entered my reservation information after loggin in and confirmed what the reservation agent told me: which clicking the upgrade option, the resulting page told me my ticket is not eligible.

warakorn May 24, 2019 9:19 am

If it too easy to score or buy an upgrade, no one will continue buying real Business Class tickets.

crazyflyer82 May 26, 2019 10:40 pm

I tried this on my last trip, I purchased my ticket through VAYAMA, LAX-CEB (RT), The segments that was eligible for upgrade was ICN-CEB-ICN, I only purchased the ICN-CEB segment for $120, I got my confirmation that I was upgraded when I got in ICN. I was planning to purchase the upgrade on the CEB-ICN segment but it didn't let me even 4 days before the flight, I don't know why, probably biz class was already full.

dunkmycar Jun 7, 2019 6:15 am

Oh damn, I used AMEX concierge to get a S class thinking I can eligible for the upgrade. No wonder I can't seem to login in click sigh