FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Crediting AC Basic Fares and Domestic AC Flights to OZ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1962742-crediting-ac-basic-fares-domestic-ac-flights-oz.html)

lsquare Mar 27, 2019 3:22 am

Crediting AC Basic Fares and Domestic AC Flights to OZ

https://flyasiana.com/C/KR/EN/conten...alliance-miles

Hopefully someone here have experience with this and can address these questions for me. According to the chart, domestic AC flights don't qualify for any miles even if it's K fare. What about K-fares for international such as the US, but contains a segment within Canada (i.e. YVR-YYZ-LGA)? I'm assuming I won't earn any miles for YVR-YYZ, but I'll earn miles for YYZ-LGA at 50% of the total distance flown in that segment?

I didn't know AC introduced basic fares to Europe until fairly recently. Seems like a lot of the results on Google Flights are basic fares, but they're coded as K-fares. When I click on the link to go to AC's website to purchase the fare, it says that I won't earn any Aeroplan miles on domestic flights and only 25% on international. Since I'm crediting to OZ, how will this work? Let's say it's YVR-YUL-CDG, I'm assuming I won't earn any miles for YVR-YUL, but I will earn miles for YUL-CDG?

Skatering Mar 27, 2019 10:37 am

Each segment is credited or not credited on its own merits. So you won't get anything for a K domestic irrespective of whether or not it's part of a larger itinerary.

I've had K flights to the US post to my account. I've also had them not post, and when that happens, you can't file a missing miles claim online as the form doesn't accept any K class bookings at all. I've had to email missing miles claims to Asiana in that instance.

lsquare Mar 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Skatering (Post 30935668)
Each segment is credited or not credited on its own merits. So you won't get anything for a K domestic irrespective of whether or not it's part of a larger itinerary.

I've had K flights to the US post to my account. I've also had them not post, and when that happens, you can't file a missing miles claim online as the form doesn't accept any K class bookings at all. I've had to email missing miles claims to Asiana in that instance.

Sorry, but I'm confused. You said that that I won't get anything for K irrespective of whether or not it's part of a larger itinerary, but yet you said you can e-mail OZ to claim the missing miles? For YVR-YYZ-LGA, how would that work? Or you meant OZ will only credit me the miles for the YYZ-LGA portion of the K-fare?

So what's the bare minimum domestic AC fare class to earn miles with OZ?

Skatering Mar 28, 2019 11:19 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 30936579)
Sorry, but I'm confused. You said that that I won't get anything for K irrespective of whether or not it's part of a larger itinerary, but yet you said you can e-mail OZ to claim the missing miles? For YVR-YYZ-LGA, how would that work? Or you meant OZ will only credit me the miles for the YYZ-LGA portion of the K-fare?

So what's the bare minimum domestic AC fare class to earn miles with OZ?

K class earns zero on domestic flights within Canada. It does earn on transborder flights.

So in your situation, expect zero for YVR-YYZ, and a small amount of miles for YYZ-LGA. If the transborder segment doesn't post to your account, you'd need to submit a missing miles claim via email.

lsquare Mar 28, 2019 6:23 pm

I guess I should fly with WS within Canada on economy since it doesn't seem like AC's discounted economy fares will give me any miles.

Skatering Mar 29, 2019 11:19 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 30941024)
I guess I should fly with WS within Canada on economy since it doesn't seem like AC's discounted economy fares will give me any miles.

Be aware that WestJet's Basic Economy fares don't earn WestJet Dollars either. It's very hard to get credit on Canadian domestic flights if you're buying one of the lower fares.

lsquare Mar 29, 2019 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Skatering (Post 30943268)
Be aware that WestJet's Basic Economy fares don't earn WestJet Dollars either. It's very hard to get credit on Canadian domestic flights if you're buying one of the lower fares.

Thanks for the info, but I didn't mean the basic economy fares. It's not worth the savings for me. At least on UA, you'll get credit on AC's discounted domestic economy flights?

cinehopang Apr 2, 2019 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Skatering (Post 30935668)

I have submitted my missing miles from YVR to LAX by AC a few days ago through OZ website and it got 500 per way right away. It was K class.

zeer0 Apr 4, 2019 12:25 pm

I recently flew on an AC basic fare (fare code A and K) and received 50% for the international and US flights, and 0% for the domestic Canada flights, as per usual. So being on a basic fare does not make a difference.

lsquare Apr 4, 2019 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0 (Post 30964942)
I recently flew on an AC basic fare (fare code A and K) and received 50% for the international and US flights, and 0% for the domestic Canada flights, as per usual. So being on a basic fare does not make a difference.

Did you had any connections within Canada? Mind sharing the routes you flew?

zeer0 Apr 4, 2019 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 30965544)
Did you had any connections within Canada? Mind sharing the routes you flew?

BOS-YYZ-LHR
LHR-YHZ-YYZ-BOS

Got 50% on all the segments except YHZ-YYZ..

WannabeSE Apr 9, 2019 12:35 pm

I booked a standard fare (not basic) in fare code W and I am having issues getting it credited to OZ... I've faxed them and e-mailed them but nothing yet. Any advise?

zeer0 Apr 9, 2019 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by eugeneo1 (Post 30982588)
I booked a standard fare (not basic) in fare code W and I am having issues getting it credited to OZ... I've faxed them and e-mailed them but nothing yet. Any advise?

What email did you use?
Also keep in mind it takes a while to get retrocredit. It took me a month to get a response last time and I'm Diamond.

WannabeSE Apr 9, 2019 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0 (Post 30983279)
What email did you use?
Also keep in mind it takes a while to get retrocredit. It took me a month to get a response last time and I'm Diamond.

Faxed it in on March 22nd... Just checked and it looks like I didn't e-mail.

Just forwarded the confirmed fax to the UK office - [email protected] Hopefully they credit sooner than later.

zeer0 Apr 9, 2019 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by eugeneo1 (Post 30983405)
Faxed it in on March 22nd... Just checked and it looks like I didn't e-mail.

Just forwarded the confirmed fax to the UK office - [email protected] Hopefully they credit sooner than later.

Haven't tried the UK office before, let us know how it goes.
I emailed [email protected] the one time I needed to retro-credit, it took 20 days to get the initial response and 25 days total to resolve the issue.