Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Need help understanding how to achieve *G with Asiana

Need help understanding how to achieve *G with Asiana

Old Aug 16, 19, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by buffegg View Post
Just wondering what everyone's experience was ticking over to star alliance gold.

I've done a spreadsheet and should achieve it flying SYD-IAH Easter next year.

I'll stay there 5-7 days, before boarding my next United flight, which it would be good to have the updated status for.

I'm guessing 3ish days should be typical for it to be recognised in the app if everything goes smoothly?

I understand getting the physical card is a completely different story! But shouldn't be a problem until I get back to apply at the local office in SYD.
I flew on UA to Tokyo last month and OZ had it credited in 3 days from take off.
Old Aug 18, 19, 7:39 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
I'm wondering about the limits of the CC miles not just for bi-annual status but also lifetime. I am hesitant to ask in public, in case the answer is yes, but I'm pretty sure you can guess what I'm asking. OZ's site isn't clear; anybody have a definitive answer?
Old Aug 18, 19, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by SightseeMC View Post
I'm wondering about the limits of the CC miles not just for bi-annual status but also lifetime. I am hesitant to ask in public, in case the answer is yes, but I'm pretty sure you can guess what I'm asking. OZ's site isn't clear; anybody have a definitive answer?
They donít count towards lifetime status.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 18, 19, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by walked2far View Post

That was my assumption too, but if they had been I didn't want the whole world to kill that in about 2 weeks. Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 19, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, ST E+, OZ Diamond, DL GM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by walked2far View Post

Sucks! Would have been great if it did!
Old Aug 31, 19, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, Wyndham
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Sucks! Would have been great if it did!
Is there an actual DP (data point) for this? Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 19, 2:14 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, UA Gold MM, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ithacxa View Post
Is there an actual DP (data point) for this? Thanks!
I have earned lots of miles on the Asiana credit card since they started counting for the status renewal and confirm that they do not count towards lifetime miles.
lsquare, SightseeMC, Vyvd and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 9, 19, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
you have 24 months (from your initial membership date) to get *G. look at the benefits of *G (lounge, priority boarding/seats), not worth mileage running unless you are really close to the limit
Depends. If you have a longhaul trip you were going to take anyway, paying extra to earn more miles or taking the scenic route (e.g. invest your time) might be worth the benefits. I'm thinking about flying AU-US via Asia over the Christmas holidays even though nonstop on United isn't much more expensive. Earns 20,000 miles in one trip easily instead of 7,500 on United and its pathetic 50% earn rate.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Oct 9, 19, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1353513636 View Post
I have earned lots of miles on the Asiana credit card since they started counting for the status renewal and confirm that they do not count towards lifetime miles.
Just want to confirm that you have the Bank of America Asiana card?
Old Oct 10, 19, 12:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, UA Gold MM, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
Just want to confirm that you have the Bank of America Asiana card?
Yes I have the Bank of America Asiana card.
Old Oct 11, 19, 12:43 pm

Slightly off-topic: I'm really glad I'm solidly in status with OZ and not UA now. There's no way I'd hit *G with 10,000 "points" on OZ fares, even flying back to the US 6 times a year on a mix of V and S fares. Well, I guess I could manufacture it with 6 flights; with 5 I'd be dead in the water.

The 2 year window and relaxed requirements look really good today.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Slightly off-topic: I'm really glad I'm solidly in status with OZ and not UA now. There's no way I'd hit *G with 10,000 "points" on OZ fares, even flying back to the US 6 times a year on a mix of V and S fares. Well, I guess I could manufacture it with 6 flights; with 5 I'd be dead in the water.

For sure! I'm so glad I made the decision to go with OZ instead of UA. At the time I was making my decision, I thought UA wasn't going to be that hard with my flying pattern plus there's the benefit of status covering domestic flights while with OZ, it's not likely I'll gain much. With today's announcement, I'm so happy I went with OZ. Contrary to UA's assertion, I think their ranks of elites will thin out. There's no way the vast majority of leisure travellers will meet the requirements.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 2:10 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / AF Silver
For sure! I'm so glad I made the decision to go with OZ instead of UA. At the time I was making my decision, I thought UA wasn't going to be that hard with my flying pattern plus there's the benefit of status covering domestic flights while with OZ, it's not likely I'll gain much. With today's announcement, I'm so happy I went with OZ. Contrary to UA's assertion, I think their ranks of elites will thin out. There's no way the vast majority of leisure travellers will meet the requirements.
What announcement?
Old Oct 11, 19, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
What announcement?
Just go to the UA forum.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 5:55 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond

I am not sure if there is a reason to be glad. The question is who will buy Asiana , and whether Asiana will remain in the Star Alliance.

Search this Thread