Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Need help understanding how to achieve *G with Asiana

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help understanding how to achieve *G with Asiana

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:08 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
You might want to wait to officially join OZ until maybe a week before your first flight, in order to give yourself as much time as possible. The "week before" might give you time to deal with any unforeseen issues with restarting.
Thank you. Indeed, that's what I will do. Appreciate the advice.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:04 am
Suspended

thank you for offer info , i like it
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by planes&trains
Thank you. The reason for the question is that I recently had miles posted to Air India and they gave me something like 500 miles for multiple thousand flown on Lufthansa. But I should have known. Twice when I flew Air India, they never posted miles to United. So I was curious if there was a different rule that Asian carriers use. Trying to be very careful by checking as I can make it *G by June on OZ only if I understood it correctly that all multiplications are on miles flown.
Would suggest you check out https://www.wheretocredit.com/calculator#EWR-HKG-UA-K
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Duhh
Wonderful. Shows that I don't have to do an MR to get *G through OZ. Just the $95 credit card and I should be gold by July with just the trips already planned. Nice way to start the week.

Thank you.
Gasolin, Duhh, SightseeMC and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:45 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ithacxa
I don't know if it's been said here, but the 30k bonus miles from the BofA Asiana Card IS TIER QUALIFYING. I spent a little over $3k to get the bonus, but when I looked at my Asiana account, apparently, I already have 5k in spend booked for Gold status - just need 15k more miles to qualify. (I'm starting out as Silver). With my planned trips until the end of my qualifying period, I will probably hit the necessary 75k in actual miles flown to hit D+. Sweet!
Just want to make sure I understand this. The miles generated from spend counted towards your tier qualification, however, the bonus miles did not. Correct?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Roaming Ryan
Just want to make sure I understand this. The miles generated from spend counted towards your tier qualification, however, the bonus miles did not. Correct?
I read in the other post, the spend miles qualify for part of the tier qualification. The bonus miles are only available against an actual redemption. They don't go into any account. They give that to you only when you are redeeming miles. It is like a discount. It's not a credit.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Miles from the card, both spend and sign-up bonus, count for tier credit. For Diamond its 10K/year and Diamond+ is 25K/year.

Upgrade is for status.

Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Miles from the card, both spend and sign-up bonus, count for tier credit. For Diamond its 10K/year and Diamond+ is 25K/year.

Upgrade is for status.

Thanks for the clarification. And this applies to the US co-branded card offered by Bank of America?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:45 am

Thanks for the clarification. And this applies to the US co-branded card offered by Bank of America?
Yes. Also it's every 2 years, not 1. I misspoke.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:46 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Hoping you could help me double check a piece of information. I'd like to go for status with Asiana this year and would a few *A J flights, I'd be pretty close to Gold. Is it accurate that if the status is reached earlier than 2 years, then the status is valid for the remainder of the 2 year qualification period then another 2 years?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by B0gdan
Hoping you could help me double check a piece of information. I'd like to go for status with Asiana this year and would a few *A J flights, I'd be pretty close to Gold. Is it accurate that if the status is reached earlier than 2 years, then the status is valid for the remainder of the 2 year qualification period then another 2 years?
Yes that's correct
Duhh and SightseeMC like this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan
This matches my understanding. Whatever you do to qualify in the current two-year period determines your status for the remainder of the current two-year period and your status for the following two-year period.

As an example taking this to an extreme, a newcomer to OZ could:
  1. Sign up for a new OZ account, which starts the two year clock.
  2. Blitz through 40k miles in the first month to qualify for Diamond status.
  3. Enjoy 23 months of Diamond status in the remainder of the current two-year status period.
  4. Enjoy an additional 24 months of Diamond status in the following two-year status period.
Please do let me know if I've misunderstood things.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Thank you, gentlemen. I was trying to decide between Turkish Miles&Smiles and Asiana and it's clear who the winner is. The award availability seems to be an issue for both but that's another story.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:21 pm

This matches my understanding. Whatever you do to qualify in the current two-year period determines your status for the remainder of the current two-year period and your status for the following two-year period.

As an example taking this to an extreme, a newcomer to OZ could:
  1. Sign up for a new OZ account, which starts the two year clock.
  2. Blitz through 40k miles in the first month to qualify for Diamond status.
  3. Enjoy 23 months of Diamond status in the remainder of the current two-year status period.
  4. Enjoy an additional 24 months of Diamond status in the following two-year status period.
Please do let me know if I've misunderstood things.
You are completely correct.
Roaming Ryan and Duhh like this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: Asiana Club
Good day! I would just like to inquire or clarify about the terms regarding Asiana Club.
I need 20,000 miles to be upgraded to Gold
I need 40,000 miles to be updated to Diamond.
My base date will be reset and have an additional 24 months once I was upgraded early.

For example I am a member. My base date was let's say May 2018. That means May 2020 will be the end of my 24 month period to accumulate miles for tier upgrade. What if I managed to get 20,000 miles by April 2020? I will be upgraded to Gold right Until May 2022? My question are:
1. Will I have additional 24 months (May 2022) to get the remaining miles to be a Diamond member?
2. How many miles do I need to accumulate after the upgrade to be a Diamond member? Do I need to have 40,000 miles from the time I am upgraded? Or just an additional 20,000 miles for a total of 40K miles?
3. If I became a Gold member for 24 months. How many miles do I need to accumulate during the 24 month period to be a Diamond member?

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.