Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Free stopover hotel at ICN when mobility assistance is needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:39 am
formerly kiwi_norway
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC

I'm looking to fly my mother from Sydney to London with Asiana later this year. The route has a 19 hour stopover in Seoul, so apparently qualifies for a free night in a hotel (STPC). The stopover gives mum a chance to sleep and shower, and would actually be very helpful for her in breaking up the trip.

My only concern is that mum is in her 70s and has mobility issues. She generally manages walking short distances with the use of a walking stick, but at airports will always need wheelchair mobility assistance. I'm concerned that if the STPC hotel is away from the airport and accessed with a group shuttle bus, it may be very difficult for her to manage by herself.

I'd be flying her in Business Class (not sure if that has an impact on the quality of the hotel or the type of hotel transfer that the airline book). Does anyone have recent experience with Asiana's stopover hotel service, especially when flying in Business Class? Anyone have experience using the service when mobility assistance is also required?
Old May 5, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
FlyingFilmGuy May I ask how this worked out for your mother?

For an upcoming trip, I have a few options for where to make connections, and I'm leaning toward ICN, mostly because of how good the good reviews people have posted of the handling of passengers requiring special assistance for mobility needs there.

Did you mother make this trip? How was access to the overnight hotel?
Old May 7, 2023, 11:34 am
formerly kiwi_norway
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
Originally Posted by willoL
FlyingFilmGuy May I ask how this worked out for your mother?

For an upcoming trip, I have a few options for where to make connections, and I'm leaning toward ICN, mostly because of how good the good reviews people have posted of the handling of passengers requiring special assistance for mobility needs there.

Did you mother make this trip? How was access to the overnight hotel?
She ended up flying Emirates instead, so no insight into the Seoul hotels, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.