Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

United miles transferrable to Asiana?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

I'm about to sign up for the United Explorer card to get the 75K mile bonus, but I wanted to confirm that I can transfer those miles to Asiana, since I don't fly United. Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:57 pm

No, You could USE those UA miles to book an OZ flight...but, in general, miles/points are not transferable between programs...
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Are there any programs/partners that do allow you to transfer miles to Asiana?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
SPG

but SPG allows you to transfer to a whole range of different airlines...
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
SPG/Marriott. So you can get either Marriott or SPG credit cards and transfer the points. They transfer 3:1 with a 5000 mile bonus for every 60000 points transferred. That's a fair transfer rate, considering how little SPG/Marriott points are worth compared to Asiana miles.

That being said, you can certainly use your United miles on Asiana flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.