Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing miles from Olympic flight?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Missing miles from Olympic flight?

My wife and I flew several OA flights in Greece a few months ago. My understanding is that Olympic Airlines is part of Aegean which is part of Star Alliance. I never claimed the FF miles, but I should be able to file a claim on our Asiana accounts, correct? On their online form, there isn't any option to select Olympic (only Aegean) so I sent them a fax with the required information. Will report on how this works out...
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
While a subsidiary of Aegean, Olympic Air is not a member of *A. therefore, you will not receive any miles to your OZ account, regardless of ticket. Nor will you receive any *A benefits while flying OA.

it’s comparable to the Singapore Airlines flights operated by their subsidiary, SilkAir.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Unfortunately you're not going to get any miles.
Olympic Air is the same type of bs as Eurowings and SilkAir, specifically cheapening out of *A agreements.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0
Unfortunately you're not going to get any miles.
Olympic Air is the same type of bs as Eurowings and SilkAir, specifically cheapening out of *A agreements.
I would hazard a guess that *A obligations have very little to do with it. (Actually none...) I would suggest that different (cheaper) pay scales for employees and other such savings of running these "affiliates" would play a rather larger part....
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by trooper
I would hazard a guess that *A obligations have very little to do with it. (Actually none...) I would suggest that different (cheaper) pay scales for employees and other such savings of running these "affiliates" would play a rather larger part....
I agree that labor agreements are the primary reason. But taking your in house LCC out of an alliance certainly also saves money.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

So does Olympic Air have a frequent flyer account that I could claim some of these miles on?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ncsuactor84FT
So does Olympic Air have a frequent flyer account that I could claim some of these miles on?
Aegean, probably? Maybe? Hopefully?

You're better served asking in a forum that would know such as the Aegean one, not this one which is for the Asiana program.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by ncsuactor84FT
Aegean. only
zeer0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.