OZ222 A380 or A359?

Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
OZ222 A380 or A359?

I booked an award in April on OZ222 in First on an A380 from ICN-JFK. But there is all this marketing on Asiana’s website about the route starting to be operated by an A359. So I’m just wondering if there will be a downgrade, and if so I booked with lifemiles so good luck speaking to their call center and getting any kind of a refund...

What’s up with OZ marketing an A359 on this route, but showing it using an A380 in April?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
OZ changes planes around seasonally to match demand. The two routes that it's most noticeable is ICN/LAX where OZ 203/204 changes to a 350 during the fall/winter a couple of days a week and is all 380 during the holidays and the rest of the year. NYC is the same way based on the historical passenger loads along with SYD using the Southern Hemisphere seasons.

Depending on what class you're in seating, the back is similar except for the Economy Smartium seats,the Business Smartium is similar but newer, and there's no F in the 380.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
No F in the A380? That can’t be right.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by ttuna3
OZ changes planes around seasonally to match demand. The two routes that it's most noticeable is ICN/LAX where OZ 203/204 changes to a 350 during the fall/winter a couple of days a week and is all 380 during the holidays and the rest of the year. NYC is the same way based on the historical passenger loads along with SYD using the Southern Hemisphere seasons.

Depending on what class you're in seating, the back is similar except for the Economy Smartium seats,the Business Smartium is similar but newer, and there's no F in the 380.
I think it is the opposite - no F in the A350.
Yoshi212 and Gasolin like this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
MW147,

You're absolutely right, another senior moment on my part.
MW147 and NWplatinum like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.