Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Special meals (NLML) in Asiana business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum Elite

Hi all,

My wife and I are flying ORD-ICN on Asiana in May 2019 in J on the way home from a vacation. We both are sensitive to dairy, but not a full blown allergy, and have requested NLML meals. I usually don't request these, as I'm usually traveling for business which mean last minute bookings and last minute upgrades, so I rarely get enough advance warning to request NLML. Hence, I just try and order things that seem to be dairy-free or dairy-light, and skip/scrape off things like cheese, creams, sauces, etc. I've been reasonably happy with that approach, mostly for lack of options, and have only dealt with mild discomfort a couple times.

So, how bad/good is the NLML meal - am I going to be disappointed? Should I just do what I've been doing (if it ain't broke don't fix it)? If it's a decent meal, my gut will thank me - just looking for an honest opinion here - is the NLML meal in the same ballpark as regular in terms of quality, flavour, etc? If anyone has any experience here they can share, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for your input!

PS - any experiences with NLML on BR and/or TK appreciated as well!
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I have ZERO experience with Asiana business class except reviews and pictures of menu. That being said, Korean food isn't truly dairy focused. So if you get the Korean menu there will be slim to 0 dairy.
zippy the pinhead and Gasolin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.