Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

online retroclaim *A flights to Asiana Club

online retroclaim *A flights to Asiana Club

Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:07 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SFO/SJC/OAK
Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,513
Originally Posted by SightseeMC
I had missing miles from a PHX-SEA-ICN itinerary, first leg AS. I tried online and kept receiving "another mileage number is already attached to this itinerary" or very similar. I waited about a week and then called OZ to see if the AS number was the issue, but they saw no problems. They said I'd have the miles within 48 hours, but they were there within 5 minutes of the phone call.
You're not going to get any miles for the AS segment. In *A, only operating carrier matters, and OZ-AS do not have any mileage partnership.
zeer0 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:40 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LHR, SYD, YVR
Posts: 2
Dont try and reclaim using the app

Tried this yesterday and the app kept crashing as soon as I uploaded the photo of my boarding pass!
extrablatt is offline  
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:43 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: PHX, ICN
Programs: OZ Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 506
Originally Posted by zeer0
You're not going to get any miles for the AS segment. In *A, only operating carrier matters, and OZ-AS do not have any mileage partnership.
Yes, but the missing miles were from the SEA-ICN leg with Asiana. There was no other mileage number that could have been added to the reservation, so my interest was whether the AS number for the first leg was somehow being entered as an incorrect number for Asiana.
SightseeMC is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:58 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SFO/SJC/OAK
Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,513
Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Yes, but the missing miles were from the SEA-ICN leg with Asiana. There was no other mileage number that could have been added to the reservation, so my interest was whether the AS number for the first leg was somehow being entered as an incorrect number for Asiana.
Ahh, I see. So you had the AS number for the AS segment and it got coded as the OZ number instead? Yeah, that's crappy, did you enter the frequent flyer numbers on a third party site like Expedia or did you give your numbers at check-in?

Try emailing the email listed above and explain. Be very clear about it though, because from your first post it was unclear.
zeer0 is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:06 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: PHX, ICN
Programs: OZ Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 506
Originally Posted by zeer0
Ahh, I see. So you had the AS number for the AS segment and it got coded as the OZ number instead? Yeah, that's crappy, did you enter the frequent flyer numbers on a third party site like Expedia or did you give your numbers at check-in?

Try emailing the email listed above and explain. Be very clear about it though, because from your first post it was unclear.
Sincerely, thanks for letting me know; I sometimes think I am much clearer when typing than I am.

I resolved the situation by calling. CSR said miles would be there within 48 hours, but only took like 5 minutes. So a phone call can also resolve issues with the online crediting system.
zeer0 likes this.
SightseeMC is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:49 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SFO/SJC/OAK
Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,513
Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Sincerely, thanks for letting me know; I sometimes think I am much clearer when typing than I am.

I resolved the situation by calling. CSR said miles would be there within 48 hours, but only took like 5 minutes. So a phone call can also resolve issues with the online crediting system.
Good to hear This is a useful datapoint for those that want to receive their miles quicker than by email.
zeer0 is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:56 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10
Have been trying multiple times to claim x2 SQ flights with no success yet. Called the Korean desk and they relied with:

Please wait... I asked Singapore Airlines to apply for OZ mileage. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to reply from Singapore. As soon as we confirm Singapore Airlines reply, I will reply to you regarding your 2 flight mileage

Not sure if its an error in translation but SQ states unequivocally they have nothing to do with applying for OZ mileage and miles accrual is OZs sole responsibility.

Its been a week now. Getting ready to tear my hair out.
chanjyj is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:04 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,349
Originally Posted by chanjyj
Have been trying multiple times to claim x2 SQ flights with no success yet. Called the Korean desk and they relied with:

Please wait... I asked Singapore Airlines to apply for OZ mileage. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to reply from Singapore. As soon as we confirm Singapore Airlines reply, I will reply to you regarding your 2 flight mileage

Not sure if its an error in translation but SQ states unequivocally they have nothing to do with applying for OZ mileage and miles accrual is OZs sole responsibility.

Its been a week now. Getting ready to tear my hair out.
I have been trying unsuccessfully to get mileage for an R fare ticket on SQ for over two months. There seems to be an issue with the way SQ fares are showing up in the *A interface, and the OZ staff refuses to budge despite providing them with ample evidence and everything they have asked for. Good luck
downinit is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:29 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by downinit
...the way SQ fares are showing up in the *A interface...
Could you elaborate on this point? Which office are you dealing with?

Thanks!
chanjyj is offline  
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:16 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: DL DM/MM, AS MVPG 100K
Posts: 62
Originally Posted by downinit
I have been trying unsuccessfully to get mileage for an R fare ticket on SQ for over two months. There seems to be an issue with the way SQ fares are showing up in the *A interface, and the OZ staff refuses to budge despite providing them with ample evidence and everything they have asked for. Good luck
I have the exact same fare class on SQ, and no matter what I do, the miles have not yet posted. Have you tried pointing out to them that on their website, R fares are allowed to be credited?
ithacxa is offline  
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:03 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,349
Originally Posted by ithacxa
I have the exact same fare class on SQ, and no matter what I do, the miles have not yet posted. Have you tried pointing out to them that on their website, R fares are allowed to be credited?
I have submitted screen shots proving my point, along with receipts. PE has been a royal PITA *A-wide because airlines are taking fare codes that used to be used for award flights and re-purposing them as PE fare codes. Even though the award charts on their websites have been updated, there is something on the back-end in the *A interface they use for code-shares that is causing the snafu.

I have also had issues with an LH/AC trip booked via UA. It took me several weeks just to get AC to accept that I did indeed book a PE fare, while the LH website never displayed it properly (their internal system was correct, but not when I logged on to the website to view my itinerary). Unfortunately, *A is completely worthless at actually doing or resolving anything, so it is up to each airline to act to correct it, which they seem to have zero interest in doing.
downinit is offline  
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:12 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10
Just an update - Asiana has credited both my flights (W and Y)... finally!

The first one taking about 3 weeks, the other one 2 weeks. Had to send a chaser email
chanjyj is offline  
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:13 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: UA Gold, Krisflyer Elite Gold
Posts: 30
Hi All,

If a portion of the ticket is paid with Krisflyer miles, would the entire ticket be considered an award ticket and ineligible for missing mileage/retroclaim? I am trying to claim mileage for a premium economy class (Fare L) ticket on SQ to my OZ Club account and my application was rejected due to the following: "[036] Fare not eligible for accrual : Miles award ticket with SQ KrisFlyer miles"

Flight: SQ37
Boarding Date: 26/02/2020
Dep: LAX
Arr: SIN
Class: Premium Economy (Fare L)
Total price: $1000.70
Paid $970.00 out of $1000.70 with credit card
Used 1960 Krisflyer miles for the rest

Am I out of luck and Asiana is correct in assuming my entire ticket is considered a miles award ticket, therefore I gain 0 mileage from this trip segment? Is there any way to salvage anything from this flight segment? I would hate to gain 0 miles in any program..
foodcrazyboy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.