Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

CAPSE: Have you tasted Asiana’s own craft beer “Asiana” at ICN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: MU Gold

I don't know whether beer lovers are satisfied with the craft beer "Asiana" developed by Asiana Airlines, which contains 4.7% by alcohol per volume and has a "fruity scent and deep flavor". It is available now to Asiana passengers at its renovated First and Business Class lounge at Seoul's Incheon Airport until December.

Maybe Asiana Airlines would offer it onboard if "Asiana" becomes more popular, I think.

Asiana craft beer

CAPSE, an independent third-party civil aviation service evaluation institution in China.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Most Korean men do not drink craft beer. It's a trendy thing for women and the young guys they date (when they have a fancy date in Itaewon). Your typical Korean businessman wants only soju and beer.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Talking

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Your typical Korean businessman wants only soju and beer.
....and sometimes even those two mixed together! ^
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Most Korean beer tastes like a poor attempt at Budweiser. I did see an interesting looking craft beer place in Itaewon, though didn’t get to try it as that’s where you'd expect a place like that to be as noted above.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE, AA, UA, *G
I'm in the lounge drinking it right now. I think it's pretty good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And I am indeed a beer lover (although not a terribly picky one, which is probably not a good combination...)
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by AlwaysonBA663
Most Korean beer tastes like a poor attempt at Budweiser. I did see an interesting looking craft beer place in Itaewon, though didn’t get to try it as that’s where you'd expect a place like that to be as noted above.
It’s actually all generally the same. Cass OB is owned by AB InBev aka Budweiser and many more huge mega conglomerate...and they even produce Cass in the US (to get tax advantage like the other importers who get a tax break and do things like offer 4 tallboy cans for 10)......

but IMO Korean beer is just drinking beer. Not like OMG SO AMAZING, but I think craft beer and Korean food would taste HORRIBLE together. Korean food is spicy, oily, rich, fried, salty and any kind of IPA or stout or whatever would match horribly.

I’m American and of course love my craft beer...but I don’t want it with fried chicken. It’s just gross haha. And all these places are springing up with craft beer and foods that don’t match.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Like how Englishmen like myself quaff lager like carlsberg with Indian curry I suppose

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.