*G preferred seating on OZ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E
*G preferred seating on OZ

Hi there
Greetings from New Zealand
Just booked some fights with OZ and am Star G (Elite with NZ)
I am surprised that I cannot pre-select premium seats on OZ - funny thing was I had chosen these before but now they are shown as occupied. I have checked expertflyer, these are not taken.
The only difference was it was M and now H seats have been released and I have booked into these, these are over Christmas and therefore prices are ridiculously high although for Economy - many thanks in advance
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:27 pm

Preferred seat selection has never been a *G benefit..... have you been allowed it before on an OZ booking?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:35 pm

Which preferred seats specifically are being referred to here? Because these days OZ has started charging for bulkhead seats, which they actually refer to as "preferred seating" on their website. Not even high level OZ elites can choose these seats without paying, and anyone, even without any status whatsoever can purchase them just like anyone else. There's absolutely no advantage that I'm aware of in having any status if you want one of those official preferred seats.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
Which preferred seats specifically are being referred to here? Because these days OZ has started charging for bulkhead seats, which they actually refer to as "preferred seating" on their website. Not even high level OZ elites can choose these seats without paying, and anyone, even without any status whatsoever can purchase them just like anyone else. There's absolutely no advantage that I'm aware of in having any status if you want one of those official preferred seats.
thanks JoeDaejeon, I am not after bulkhead, just say row 20 on a 744. the funny thing was that I was available for me to select a week out from out other booking
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trooper
Preferred seat selection has never been a *G benefit..... have you been allowed it before on an OZ booking?
thanks, for some reason It is honoured quite widely, and yes, I was able to for the same flight, I had problems checking out as it default to CNY and I cannot pay via credit card and the seats where locked and gone. These were released after a week again and I booked but cannot chose these ever again although they look free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.