Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OZ A380 Y restroom layout problem

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

OZ A380 Y restroom layout problem

Asiana A380 economy class restroom layout is a bit weird.

Upper deck has 3 restrooms for 106 Y seats. On lower deck, 80 seats for rows 54-62 use 4 restrooms. 20-35 pax per restroom is actually very good.

But 235 seats for rows 30-53 share 4 restrooms (59 pax per restroom) which makes it crowd all the time.

Between rows 53 and 54 is curtained during the flight blocking any traffic.

In conclusion, choose row 54 or later, or upper deck.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:10 pm

Never flown Y on Asiana in an A380, but Mrs. Z was told by an Asiana rep that upper deck Y > lower deck Y, and that was consistent with her experience.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
Never flown Y on Asiana in an A380, but Mrs. Z was told by an Asiana rep that upper deck Y > lower deck Y, and that was consistent with her experience.
Every airline that I've flown on the A380, I prefer upper deck Y, if available. I find it's quieter, and less crowded feeling, given the fuselage isn't as wide on the upper deck as the lower deck, meaning fewer seating across.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
I've never let that curtain stop me when flying in Y. If the bathrooms between row 42-43 are full, I just keep on walking towards the back.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nme7
I've never let that curtain stop me when flying in Y. If the bathrooms between row 42-43 are full, I just keep on walking towards the back.
I would do that too, but when arranging seats for parents or shy nieces etc, this could be important. Pax can easily think that bathroom situation on the other side of the curtain is similar since that would be quite of a hike.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
Every airline that I've flown on the A380, I prefer upper deck Y, if available. I find it's quieter, and less crowded feeling, given the fuselage isn't as wide on the upper deck as the lower deck, meaning fewer seating across.
I agree. Also, my favorite point is the storage bins by the window on the upper deck.
royng likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.