Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Retreive reservation when city doesn't exist as a destination

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC

Hi! New to this sub-forum.

My wife and I have a one-way award booking (using United MileagePlus miles) NRT-ICN-SFO-CLE [Cleveland, OH, US] with the NRT-ICN-SFO operated by Asiana and booked in Business.

Before the website and app "upgrade", I had been able to retrieve the reservation on flyasiana.com with our OZ confirmation number, last name, and using NRT as the origin and CLE as the destination. Since the upgrade CLE shows up as an option for the "departure" airport but not the arrival and this bug is also present in the app. I've tried NRT as the origin with ICN or SFO as the "destination" but the site provides an error message, I've also tried manually entering CLE or leaving the "destination" field blank -- all result in an error. I've also tried using the app (on Android) with exactly the same results.

I emailed Asiana about this issue back on 2 July and just this week (18 July) received a response that didn't really address the issue, other than acknowledging that the new site has some bugs.

Is there some other way to retrieve a reservation? Mainly I'm always paranoid with my international reservations about something happening/a schedule change/etc. so I like to check up on them every week or two.

Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:03 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
The OZ website is one big ever-changing chocolate mess. Just keep trying?

Randomly (such as right now) I cannot assess the US web site (us.flyasiana.com) -- it keeps automatically re-directing to the Korean web site, which is all in Korean language. There *is* a way to find English language on the Korean site, but it's a couple steps into a drop-down menu.

Then, once the site is in English, you must log in as a member to be able to display an award booking made via another party like MileagePlus. Then, sometimes (such as right now) when you finally get to the step where you enter the record locator, it just sits there with the OZ version of spinning dots.

Your concern & paranoia is not helped much by this new & improved website much, is it?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 1984SW
The OZ website is one big ever-changing chocolate mess. Just keep trying?
I may need to borrow this phrase (and glad I am not alone!)

Randomly (such as right now) I cannot assess the US web site (us.flyasiana.com) -- it keeps automatically re-directing to the Korean web site, which is all in Korean language. There *is* a way to find English language on the Korean site, but it's a couple steps into a drop-down menu.

Then, once the site is in English, you must log in as a member to be able to display an award booking made via another party like MileagePlus. Then, sometimes (such as right now) when you finally get to the step where you enter the record locator, it just sits there with the OZ version of spinning dots.
Interestingly, I can't get the site into Korean if I'm trying. Re: "log in as a member" -- am I correct in understanding that this means I'll need to create an Asiana club membership? Or is there a way to use my UA credentials to log in (UA is currently my only *A membership) -- with the "old" (pre-July) website I could pull it up without logigng in, but at this point I'm willing to try anything.

Your concern & paranoia is not helped much by this new & improved website much, is it?
Not one bit! I currently feel more secure about the status of my reservation with UA and MIAT-Mongolian International Airlines, a carrier that has 6 aircraft in their fleet .

​​​​​​​Thanks again for the advice and comforting words.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:58 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
OZ uses Amadeus Altea, so if you just want to just retrieve the reservation use Amadeus Check My Trip web site. It will show you full itinerary as stored in Altea.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:50 pm
FB_

Programs: AP
I also cannot access my reservation

YYZ-LAX (Air Canada - Business)
LAX-ICN (Asiana - First)
ICN-SIN (Singapore - Business)
SIN-CGK (Singapore - First)

Opposite on return.

Logging into SQ website with my booking reference I can see my seats etc.

Before the website change I could find my reservation using LAX-ICN as the origin and destination. Now no matter what combination of cities from above I cannot get it to work.

I also wanted to pick meals etc.

Not sure where to go from here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.