Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICN delays due to catering issue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
I am flying ICN-HKG in J in the first week of September. I am following this thread closely. Hopefully there will be some good news...

If I understand the situation correctly, the catering issue only affects flights out of ICN? So my LAX-ICN (in F) leg should be OK?
Correct that is how I understand it. The issue is ex-ICN only.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by warrenw
Thanks. I hope things will be much improved by the time I fly back in late September.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by warrenw
Just as a data point, I flew SYD-ICN in C this week and the catering was normal for ex-SYD (ie. not the scaled down catering ex-ICN). I haven't flown ex-ICN in C since the catering change so have no data points for that.

Last edited by JoeDaejeon; Aug 24, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
Just as a data point, I flew SYD-ICN in C this week and the catering was normal for ex-SYD (ie. not the scaled down catering ex-ICN). I haven't flown ex-ICN since the catering change so have no data points for that.
Right I've heard the same from others.

I also heard that their contract with the current catering company is through 30 September so we might see a change in October.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
I'm not flying until November, so I really wasn't that worried, but I'm glad to see this:

Asiana to Fully Normalize In-Flight Meals from Wednesday
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:41 am

I flew ICN-FCO-ICN and the catering was pretty bad / disinterested flight attendants on the flight to FCO. The return however was fantastic, food was great, and I had zero complaints.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum, ba club, delta sky club, delta sky miles, delta sky club life,kal skypass
any updates on the catering ( menu) taking lax/icn/hkt next week and rt oct 11 ?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
I just flew ICN-LAX on OZ202 this week in F. This is my fourth time flying this flight this year in F and catering in F is back to normal.

The food was good and the service was very good, but cabin cleanliness was pretty awful for F. The cleaning crew did not clean the little bin next to the seat, it was full of wrappers from the previous passenger. The crew was very apologetic and embarrassed.
murphyjunk likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Catering in F is back to normal ex-ICN, except the special pre-order menu, which they say will resume in November. Caviar service is available in F, although it is "by request", which I take it to mean you have to ask for it.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:20 pm

For Y, traveling a week ago, ex-ICN, the meals looked exactly the same as they have since the start of this in July. Not that there was anything wrong with it, just I didn't see any change.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum, ba club, delta sky club, delta sky miles, delta sky club life,kal skypass
had business class icn/hkt 27 sep and rt 10 oct, meals are not what I would call up to business class standards, more like economy and not quite that good
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:21 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Just flew OZ202 in J from ICN to LAX yesterday. Menu was a simple card with English one one side and Korean on the other. Only *one* choice for Western entree (plus the one choice for Korean entree.) Even my inbound connecting BKK-ICN flight at 0130 had a choice of three entrees (2 Western + congee) and a menu booklet.

No plain olive oil nor butter offered with bread, only a second bottle of the same balsamic vinagrette dressing as offered with the salad/appetizer.

The English entree was a bland,dry chicken breast with a mushroom sauce. I was very disappointed with dinner. Breakfast wasn't much better with two choices: watery scrambled eggs or congee.

[edited to add:]
Finally got the pictures to download off my phone, so here's the menu card:

Last edited by wpcoe; Oct 14, 2018 at 3:38 pm Reason: add menu card .jpg
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:51 am

sounds like the same "yuk" meal I got last thursday , for some reason they served a fruit plate and yogart first
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:50 pm

Sounds like it didn't revert back... Wonder what's going on.

Did they serve you everything on a single tray?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:42 am

had the table cloth, separate plates, but did not make the main course any better.

I will go back to CX next time

( the 8 hr. lay over in icn was not much fun either hour wait for the shower, and skimpy food choices in the lounge)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.