Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OZ Website Re-Design

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
OZ Website Re-Design

So apparently the much-maligned OZ website is undergoing an update this weekend...

While I'm not holding my breath, hopefully it's a change for the good!

Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by sol95
So apparently the much-maligned OZ website is undergoing an update this weekend...

I just hope they don't take away the workaround for looking up / booking *A awards online (at http://flyasiana.com/I/ko/Redemption...I&BIZType=STAR)... not looking forward to having to spend 30+ minutes on hold with the US call center every time I need to book a partner award lol
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:37 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Please let them add back in the ability to assign seats on non-OZ-booked reservations for OZ flights.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
Please let them add back in the ability to assign seats on non-OZ-booked reservations for OZ flights.
I've never had a problem with that. Must be only in certain situations that you're not able to. All my reservations, whether booked via OZ or a third party always show up on the website when I log in and am allowed to assign seats regardless of where they were booked.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE, AA, UA, *G
Originally Posted by sol95
Yeah, it's *really* hard to get excited about this news. It would be so nice if OZ had a normal website, like other airlines. They should be so embarrassed.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:29 pm
formerly 1984SW

Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
I've never had a problem with that. Must be only in certain situations that you're not able to. All my reservations, whether booked via OZ or a third party always show up on the website when I log in and am allowed to assign seats regardless of where they were booked.
I book my OZ flights as award tickets via LifeMiles. Last year, I was able to assign seats online. This year, not. The itinerary is displayable on flyasiana.com but there is no option to reserve/change seats.

If you've got some spare time, browse through: Asiana Seat Selection
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
So the website is back up, but I think I've lost my ability to do a "no-login" reservation search. Had made a mileage reservation using UA miles, called OZ to get their record locator, and was able to see my flights using that in the guest search. Now when I try, I get the same error I had been getting when using the UA locator. Hopefully this is a temporary thing.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:01 pm
formerly 1984SW

Originally Posted by 1984SW
YAY! It's back!

Seems like way too many clicks & entries, but it possible to reserve/change my seat assignments for flights booked on OZ using LM award miles. You need to log-in to the Asiana site to do so.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:19 pm

I just had a look at the new website and I absolutely hate it. It looks like they tried to copy a lot of the ideas from the KE website, such as the fixed background with a scrolling foreground, which is a big step backwards. It may look nice, but it's just so much more difficult to use that type of a system compared to the basic one page concept, rather than scrolling down. Perhaps for users of a smartphone, such a system works well, but on a PC it's very frustrating.

I can't find anywhere to check my Asiana Club details on the new website. Has anyone else found where it is, or is it missing? I can log in, check my upcoming trips, but for Asiana Club there's nothing I can see that shows anything specific to my account, just general information.
royng likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:15 pm

FYI. I had a booked reservation from Aeroplan. Using an Aerplan provided Asian booking code, I was able to get seat assignments for the first time on the new site. It gave me error message but still popped up the page to select seats. I selected seats and hope they stick.
wpcoe likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
I just had a look at the new website and I absolutely hate it. It looks like they tried to copy a lot of the ideas from the KE website, such as the fixed background with a scrolling foreground, which is a big step backwards. It may look nice, but it's just so much more difficult to use that type of a system compared to the basic one page concept, rather than scrolling down. Perhaps for users of a smartphone, such a system works well, but on a PC it's very frustrating.

I can't find anywhere to check my Asiana Club details on the new website. Has anyone else found where it is, or is it missing? I can log in, check my upcoming trips, but for Asiana Club there's nothing I can see that shows anything specific to my account, just general information.
Click the "My Asiana" button that appears in the drop-down tab when you click the member icon on the top right of the page.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

my first impressions are that the new site is a lot better. It's easier to navigate and page elements to seem clearer. All my currently booked trips (4 of them) are easy to access without the error messages that were a regular "feature" on the previous site.

We'll see if that initial good impression remains after using it a bit more.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
As sol95 said, it looks a lot better, clearer, easier to navigate and hopefully stays this way and keep improving it.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by truncated
I just hope they don't take away the workaround for looking up / booking *A awards online (at http://flyasiana.com/I/ko/Redemption...I&BIZType=STAR)... not looking forward to having to spend 30+ minutes on hold with the US call center every time I need to book a partner award lol
And as expected it's no longer possible to book *A awards online.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
What I'm seeing is still a work in progress. Some fonts don't work at all, refreshing the page can lead to it looking very different and many other quirks. I think we still need to hold off on our final verdict for a while. For the moment though, I don't feel comfortable booking a flight and looking up my membership information is massively confusing. I was debating whether to book a mileage or paid fare for a trip in September and can't access the information I need to make a choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.