Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OZ Website Re-Design

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Originally Posted by truncated
And as expected it's no longer possible to book *A awards online.
Nope, did not go though all the process, stopped at the payment with foreign issued CC but if you go to Korea page, english version and follow the "book a ticket" workflow, you will find what we had.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mogoy
Nope, did not go though all the process, stopped at the payment with foreign issued CC but if you go to Korea page, english version and follow the "book a ticket" workflow, you will find what we had.
Ah you're right. Although it's somewhat annoying that they no longer show how many seats are available in the search results. But I'll take that over having to google translate everything on the old site.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond (SK); Hilton Diamond + few others
Tried to book a multi-city trip and got the following message after selecting flights and filling in my details:

Booking proces interrupted

Bring back the classic website until the new one works!!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
https://flyasiana.com/I/KR/KO/Redemp...egistTravel.do

This seems to be the new link on the Korean site to make Star Alliance reward bookings. Will update this comment once I test out how well (if) it works.

Definitely some kinks to work out. I am only successful in putting in dates if I don't translate the page, otherwise the calendar glitches.
However, at least airports are about 10x easier to put in now.

I am also really pleasantly surprised by just how many options are popping up to book. More than even the United site is showing me for a random itinerary I've put in (Munich - Denver). Nice that you don't need to awkwardly pick out the segments one by one anymore. This is a big, big improvement. A little wonky though that the best option (direct) doesn't seem to pop up first but rather way down the list of flights.
KL714 likes this.

Last edited by zeer0; Jul 2, 2018 at 2:42 pm
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:37 pm

OMG the transition to the new website was just horrible, and the new website still has problems.
Looks like OZ can't get anything done properly.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:14 am

Tried to book an open-jaw (multi-city) as guest and it failed at the payment step. It sat there "Processing" until the 10 minute timer ran out. No itinerary in my e-mail inbox, no charges on the card.

I guess I'll have to call in.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by RandomNobody
Tried to book an open-jaw (multi-city) as guest and it failed at the payment step. It sat there "Processing" until the 10 minute timer ran out. No itinerary in my e-mail inbox, no charges on the card.

I guess I'll have to call in.

Maybe they couldn't issue a ticket to a RandomNobody! :P

Sorry...I couldn't let that one by!

But in all honesty, while it's case by case, for me, this website update has been night-and-day better than the previous. There are few kinks that need working out, but if any of you went through the debacle of SQ's website update a few years back, this is way better! granted, the SQ-website update of about 5 years back is hardly the best metric, but just saying it could be worse! :P
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:20 pm

Tried the website again, and even the mobile App. Same results. Just spins on processing payment until the security timeout. Looks like I really do need to find the time to call in. Don't know if it is the open-jaw issue, or the $100 add-on for "Royal Business" (F seats, J service on the 747)

Or go to the Asiana office on Wilshire. Trying to avoid having to spell my name/e-mail to non-English native speakers.

Though I do agree the Website looks much better, and the App matches feel and appearance.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:46 pm

Ah, they're having system wide IT problems. I finally got the time to call in and it turns out I'm not the first one to call in about the unfinishing payment process. (Jul 10, 2018)

I didn't make the reservation as the agent said she can't give me the Web prices.

*sigh*
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:54 pm

Now fixed. Ticket purchased.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
Not good! You can't even buy a ticket to PDX (Portland) - not on the city menu at all. I finally booked on Travelocity (which impressed me considerably - esp. the seat selection!)
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:15 pm

When I tried searching for Star Alliance award flights, the website would just stuck at the "Searching for Flights" step. Is there any work around?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.