Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Diamond Plus Lounge Use Changed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Diamond Plus Lounge Use Changed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yeunganson
Are they going to do such a complex thing as "grandfather" multiple different Tiers of life-time Diamond Plus members by year of making it? It maybe just simpler to equalize all of them. We'll await reports to see if any life-time diamond flyertalkers is able to get into the F lounge with a economy Star Alliance ticket post July 1, 2018
I don't think so. I think as already posted in the thread, the likely correct interpretation of the new rule is that anyone who's lifetime D+ as of January 1, 2019, will continue to be able to access the F lounge with an OZ Y boarding pass. Those who become lifetime D+ after that won't, but will if they have an OZ C boarding pass. Anyways, I'll try to ask for confirmation of the exact policy at the Asiana Club desk next time I'm at ICN.

As for lifetime D+, or even platinum members, regardless of when they achieved that level, I don't think anyone will be able to enter the F lounge with a *A (non-OZ) boarding pass in Y or in C after July 1, 2018. The F lounge at that point will only be for qualifying passengers with an OZ boarding pass, or a *A F boarding pass. But I'll try to ask next time at the lounge what the sign out front regarding "membership" means exactly and report back.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by yeunganson
Are they going to do such a complex thing as "grandfather" multiple different Tiers of life-time Diamond Plus members by year of making it? It maybe just simpler to equalize all of them. We'll await reports to see if any life-time diamond flyertalkers is able to get into the F lounge with a economy Star Alliance ticket post July 1, 2018
I think you misunderstood me. I don't think OZ is going to grandfather multiple policies for lounge access. The new policy is:

Regular D+ = entry to lounge one class higher than that ticketed
Lifetime D+ attained prior to 31 Dec 2018 = entry to the highest class lounge available
Lifetime D+ attained after 1 Jan 2019 = entry to lounge one class higher than that ticketed (same as Regular D+)

this isn't that complex to police, so should work fine. As to your comment that I bolded, it's not going to be possible. The new policy seems pretty straightforward and clear - from 1 July 2018, only OZ flights allow access to the F lounge as a Lifetime D+ flying in Y.

If you actually go to the OZ website and read the lounge policy, it's remarkably clear...especially considering the incomprehensible nature of some of their other statements! http://au.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepage.do?menuId=002001001001000&menuType=CMS

Last edited by sol95; Feb 26, 2018 at 7:38 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
Regular D+, as opposed to lifetime D+, expires at the end of every status period of two years plus additional time remaining after qualification until the new status period starts. So when the policy was changed in 2012, I'm pretty sure that whatever D+ members that were grandfathered in then were only allowed access until their status period finished. After they started a new status period, if they were just D+ and not lifetime, no F lounge access when flying in Y. I can't be certain, but that's how I thought it worked.

If someone recently became an Asiana Club member with the target of becoming lifetime D+ in order to always get F lounge access, but they're still a ways off, then this change in policy will definitely affect them. But for someone who's been continuous D+ since 2012, I guess they'd most likely have achieved the 500K miles for lifetime by now or be very close to it.

That could very well have been the case. I was D+ prior to 2012, and so had access to the F lounge after that change. I got lifetime D+ during my next qualification period, so it never became an issue for me to consider.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Sorry for bumping this thread, but any updates? Is D+ even worth considering now?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Sorry for bumping this thread, but any updates? Is D+ even worth considering now?
what update do you need??? only you can know whether it's worth it to consider D+...especially considering we don't know what status you have, if any, and how regularly and what class you fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.