Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Asiana | Asiana Club

Asiana Star Alliance Award Segment Rules

Asiana Star Alliance Award Segment Rules

Old Jan 9, 18, 2:50 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YVR
Programs: OZ*G
Posts: 149
Asiana Star Alliance Award Segment Rules

Hello!

First time booking an award ticket with the new rules and have some questions that I am hoping people can answer...

I see there are no stopovers (over 24 hours allowed), yet there is an 8 Segment maximum or 7+One Openjaw.
However, one ways are available.

Does that mean that a Star Alliance ticket could have a one way like such as:
YVR-YYZ-FRA-LJU-ATH-IST-CAI-ADD-JNB? Assuming this is within MPM?

Or is there a limit to segments on the one way?

Thanks!
hoto

Last edited by hoto; Jan 9, 18 at 4:33 pm
hoto is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 1:38 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SFO/SJC/OAK
Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,440
Originally Posted by hoto View Post
Hello!

First time booking an award ticket with the new rules and have some questions that I am hoping people can answer...

I see there are no stopovers (over 24 hours allowed), yet there is an 8 Segment maximum or 7+One Openjaw.
However, one ways are available.

Does that mean that a Star Alliance ticket could have a one way like such as:
YVR-YYZ-FRA-LJU-ATH-IST-CAI-ADD-JNB? Assuming this is within MPM?

Or is there a limit to segments on the one way?

Thanks!
hoto
You can forget about those rules. USA-Europe allows 3 segments max o/w if you want the base 25/40/50k price. What the rules mean is you can add more segments to the same itinerary, but you'll be paying for them as if they are another separate award.

MPM is calculated separately; has nothing to do with the # of segments. And there's no way to check what exactly will be OZ's MPM for each route, so the only way to check is to call in or try to book on the Korean site and see if it's possible or not
zeer0 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 1:39 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SFO/SJC/OAK
Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,440
You should call them to ask what the maximum # of segments to Africa is. But what you have will certainly end up pricing out as 2-3 separate awards.
zeer0 is offline  
Old Jan 13, 18, 1:09 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YVR
Programs: OZ*G
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by zeer0 View Post
You can forget about those rules. USA-Europe allows 3 segments max o/w if you want the base 25/40/50k price. What the rules mean is you can add more segments to the same itinerary, but you'll be paying for them as if they are another separate award.

MPM is calculated separately; has nothing to do with the # of segments. And there's no way to check what exactly will be OZ's MPM for each route, so the only way to check is to call in or try to book on the Korean site and see if it's possible or not

I did end up calling them to get the following routing:
YVR-YUL-BOS-IST-ADD-HAH

They ended up quoting 95000 for biz so the context is good to know.

Thanks both!
hoto is offline  
Old Jan 13, 18, 11:36 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SFO/SJC/OAK
Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,440
Originally Posted by hoto View Post
I did end up calling them to get the following routing:
YVR-YUL-BOS-IST-ADD-HAH

They ended up quoting 95000 for biz so the context is good to know.

Thanks both!
Have you tried searching for more direct availability to ADD? ET flies from EWR, YYZ, and IAD nonstop.
zeer0 is offline  
Old Jan 14, 18, 1:22 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YVR
Programs: OZ*G
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by zeer0 View Post
Have you tried searching for more direct availability to ADD? ET flies from EWR, YYZ, and IAD nonstop.
I am looking to find biz availability and alot of the ET biz seats are unavailable.
I had originally hoped for YVR-YYZ-ADD-HAH but could not find any YYZ-ADD biz availability.

I ended up using my AP miles to book so hopefully i can use these OZ miles for another trip!
zeer0 likes this.
hoto is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread