Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Upgrading Asiana flight purchased from another carrier with Asiana miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade

Bought an Air Canada ticket YYZ-TPE in N class (PY), and I have an Asiana segment between Tpe and Icn in OZ H class. I see that the Asiana website states that if the ticket was purchased from another carrier, only U, Q, K, S, L, V, W, T, and G are not upgradeable.

I tried calling Asiana today and they keep telling me only Y, B, and M are upgradeable, but I think that only applies to Asiana-purchased tickets. Am I right? Or is there something I'm not seeing, and it's an Asiana rule that's not published...

thanks in advance!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Well, here's an update:

Called the USA Asiana Line, said only Y,B,M. Had pretty bad english as well and couldn't understand me half the time.
Called the Taiwan Asiana Sales Office, said Y,B,M only as well. Went to visit their office to show them their website stating that if tickets are issued by other airlines, only UQKSLWVTG are not eligible for upgrade. They took down my email and booking details and promised to follow up after checking with their Korean colleagues. Replied after 3 hours, stating that head office confirmed that H fare issued by other airlines ARE ELIGIBLE for Asiana mileage upgrades. (They were super apologetic, so no harm there )

TLDR; Other airline issued Asiana flights in YBMHE are eligible for mileage upgrades using Asiana miles.
Gasolin and zeer0 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DreamHigh
Well, here's an update:

Called the USA Asiana Line, said only Y,B,M. Had pretty bad english as well and couldn't understand me half the time.
Called the Taiwan Asiana Sales Office, said Y,B,M only as well. Went to visit their office to show them their website stating that if tickets are issued by other airlines, only UQKSLWVTG are not eligible for upgrade. They took down my email and booking details and promised to follow up after checking with their Korean colleagues. Replied after 3 hours, stating that head office confirmed that H fare issued by other airlines ARE ELIGIBLE for Asiana mileage upgrades. (They were super apologetic, so no harm there )

TLDR; Other airline issued Asiana flights in YBMHE are eligible for mileage upgrades using Asiana miles.
Interesting. Y,B,M is the norm for *A, but a few airlines also offer H and E.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.