Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

ICN-HNL lie flat 777? (starts Sep 22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA KE OZ UA AA DL

Recent search of matrix shows the 5x/week service ICN-HNL moves from A330 to 777-200 on Sep 23.
Seatguru indicating flight 231 is on version 2 which is 2-class with the smartium all-aisle access lie flat.
Just wondering if anyone knows how accurate this info is, as it would be a huge letdown to buy this and be on the old A330 or a different version 777....

I did the upper deck of the 747-8 on ICN-HNLon KE earlier this year and it was very nice seat and first time in a 2x2 config with all-aisle access. There was no one next to me so could keep the divider down and use the 2nd seat for temporary storage. The flight also takes less time on the faster 747 that any of the other aircraft...
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:24 pm

AFAIK the two 777's with the old business class are going to be retired sometime this year as the A350's come in so if it is on the 777 it should be the lie-flats.

Then again with OZ you never know until you actually board the aircraft.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Is there any update/source on the 777 retiring/reconfiguring? I can't really find anything online about it, but would love to see the Smartium product on the route in March.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'm also curious about the status of the replacement since I'm looking to fly CDG-ICN and this is also on the old 777 at the moment. The final destination is NRT so I'm wondering whether or not to go for OZ or CA.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by stupidhead
AFAIK the two 777's with the old business class are going to be retired sometime this year as the A350's come in so if it is on the 777 it should be the lie-flats.

Then again with OZ you never know until you actually board the aircraft.
Back to A333 for winter schedule
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Wow! Looks like it's back to A330 for March 2018. I thought I saw reduced frequency but wasn't so sure on a second scan. Pretty junk to swap that route.

I originally had an award ticket for one of those dates.

Don't really want OZ when I book my next tickets, but it is really difficult to find I inventory out of HNL to/from Asia on any other carrier, at least through UA MileagePlus.

Last edited by Taoyuan; Jan 23, 2018 at 1:00 am Reason: Correct frequency observation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.