Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana SFO schedule change

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Asiana SFO schedule change

Yet another night <-> daytime schedule shuffle is here. SFO-ICN is becoming a night flight from late Oct. 2017.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...rvice-changes/
Now:
ICN1645 – 1045SFO
SFO1240 – 1725+1ICN
Soon:
OZ212 ICN2040 – 1400SFO 359 D
OZ211 SFO2330 – 0530+2ICN 359 D

Asiana moved ORD to daytime from 2011 and after 4 years of an experiment, went back to the night in 2015. SFO used to be a nighttime flight until 2005 or so and now going back. Redeye isn't attractive for o&d but it offers tons of connection opportunities at ICN. Current schedule works better only to deep southeast Asia such as BKK, SIN, DEL and a few.

I hope this means a stronger relationship with UA by offering distinctive schedule choices to the passengers. And I hope OZ moves to concourse G at SFO as 2330 isn't busy at there.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
Has there been any speculation that OZ will change or eliminate the daytime flight out of LAX? Hopefully, no, as they already have the night flight but I would appreciate any rumors out there as we are on the daytime flight in early December.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CalRef
Has there been any speculation that OZ will change or eliminate the daytime flight out of LAX? Hopefully, no, as they already have the night flight but I would appreciate any rumors out there as we are on the daytime flight in early December.
That won't happen. OZ has been operating two daily LAX flights for more than a decade.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The new timing is just terrible for BKK-USA connections . . . from an already too-long 6-8 hour layover to a 12+ hour layover.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
The new timing is just terrible for BKK-USA connections . . . from an already too-long 6-8 hour layover to a 12+ hour layover.
Current schedule is at least good for one direction (SFO to BKK) but after the change, both directions are terrible. But new schedule connects so much better to many cities in China and Japan, and that must benefit more to Asiana.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Current schedule is at least good for one direction (SFO to BKK) but after the change, both directions are terrible. But new schedule connects so much better to many cities in China and Japan, and that must benefit more to Asiana.
I'd imagine China and Japan especially are more profitable for Asiana than Vietnam/Thailand, which have been under assault by Chinese airlines for years now.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1353513636
I'd imagine China and Japan especially are more profitable for Asiana than Vietnam/Thailand, which have been under assault by Chinese airlines for years now.
In fact, Vietnam is well covered with the new schedule. And most non-daily Japanese routes are now operated by Air Seoul. Chinese routes might see increased transfer passengers which is desperately needed because of current political tension and diminished tourists.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Asiana is going to be parking their plane for that long at SFO??? Might there be more to the story?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: United Plat
Is night time departure from SFO for winter only?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I greatly prefer daytime flights from USA to ICN. The nighttime flights throw my body clock off way too much.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zeer0
Asiana is going to be parking their plane for that long at SFO??? Might there be more to the story?
Parking. Like Asiana already does in LAX.

Originally Posted by sfo3388
Is night time departure from SFO for winter only?
No, summer 2018 also shows night schedule.

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I greatly prefer daytime flights from USA to ICN. The nighttime flights throw my body clock off way too much.
As a Y class traveler, and who sleeps at 10, I agree.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Not only has OZ had 2x daily at LAX for years, they advertise them heavily
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: EVA, SQ, DL, AA, UA...
F.Y.I.
OZ 203 (LAX-ICN) will move from 00:15 to 23:00 starting in early fall.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:35 pm

I'm not surprised. Wondering why they didn't do this sooner...

Late afternoons at ICN are a mess.

Just as an aside, wouldn't it help utilization and/or connections though if they left a couple of hours later out of ICN, say around 11PM? Plus less time sitting around at SFO.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Anyone know what the lounge situation will be like at SFO? Since CI will be using their lounge for their own flight I don't think they'll continue to let OZ use it. Also, in the summer, the flight arrives to ICN at 0345 while the OZ Lounge at ICN doesn't open until 0500; are they planning to open earlier?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.