Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana SFO schedule change

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Anyone know what the lounge situation will be like at SFO? Since CI will be using their lounge for their own flight I don't think they'll continue to let OZ use it.
Any info/update on lounge access at SFO for OZ?

I had assumed OZ uses UA lounges, as part of *A. However, I just checked and found out that OZ uses the "A" gates, which are on opposite end of the "G" gates that UA and other *A airlines use. Passengers cannot move in between the two areas (A and G) air-side (i.e. after security check); is that still the case? Or perhaps it's possible to go through security check for the G area showing a OZ boarding pass?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I'm also curious what's the deal now. OZ used to use CI's Dynasty lounge but I'm not sure if that's still the case because the lounge is small and CI's flight is now around the same time with OZ. Other lounges are either closed at night or crowded already. I was hoping OZ move to *A concourse with the new schedule but that's not happening, unfortunately.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
I'm also curious what's the deal now. OZ used to use CI's Dynasty lounge but I'm not sure if that's still the case because the lounge is small and CI's flight is now around the same time with OZ. Other lounges are either closed at night or crowded already. I was hoping OZ move to *A concourse with the new schedule but that's not happening, unfortunately.
I think most logical is to use the JL lounge although I don't know what they're doing.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:17 pm

I just checked on the websites for both OZ and *A, and they both indicated it's CI's Dynasty lounge for OZ at SFO. So that's probably it, unless both websites are outdated. Can anyone provide recent info/confirmation?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:43 pm

UA Polaris when it opens?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Troopers
That's only for J/F. Not Diamond/D+/*G. And either way the Polaris lounge will be on the other side where all the other *A flights are. No way to get there airside from where OZ departs.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
And either way the Polaris lounge will be on the other side where all the other *A flights are. No way to get there airside from where OZ departs.
Of course you can....need to clear security twice.

However, I just checked and found out that OZ uses the "A" gates, which are on opposite end of the "G" gates that UA and other *A airlines use. Passengers cannot move in between the two areas (A and G) air-side (i.e. after security check); is that still the case? Or perhaps it's possible to go through security check for the G area showing a OZ boarding pass?
A and G gates are not connected airside. It is possible to access G gates with an A gate boarding pass...a same-day boarding pass will allow entry into any security zone/gates.

Last edited by Troopers; Nov 20, 2017 at 8:51 am
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:52 pm

Website now updated to say Air France Lounge. I guess that means no more PP access in the evening too.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Website now updated to say Air France Lounge. I guess that means no more PP access in the evening too.
Good catch. This lounge is getting crowder late at night: AM has 3 flights, KE has 1, and now OZ. Read somewhere that PP were told to sit at the bar next to the window so that premium class guest can enjoy tables. Soon, possibly no more PP like you said at night.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:25 am

Good catch. This lounge is getting crowder late at night: AM has 3 flights, KE has 1, and now OZ. Read somewhere that PP were told to sit at the bar next to the window so that premium class guest can enjoy tables. Soon, possibly no more PP like you said at night.
KE uses the BA lounge. QF uses the AF lounge. Doesn't make sense but that's how it is. I assume there will be no PP from 8-10pm as that is when QF and OZ overlap.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:46 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
KE uses the BA lounge. QF uses the AF lounge. Doesn't make sense but that's how it is. I assume there will be no PP from 8-10pm as that is when QF and OZ overlap.
QF flight is at the same time as BA, whereas KE flights are at different times. This reduces overcrowding at BA lounge which isn't big enough to handle the number of first/business/elite passengers on two flights at once.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Of course you can....need to clear security twice.

A and G gates are not connected airside. It is possible to access G gates with an A gate boarding pass...a same-day boarding pass will allow entry into any security zone/gates.
But does one really want to go through SFO international security twice?? Unless you have hours to do so...
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:12 am
Original Poster

KE uses BA lounge only for the noon flight. Midnight flight uses AF lounge. AF lounge should be full every night.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
But does one really want to go through SFO international security twice?? Unless you have hours to do so...
Many people do, I do, but certainly YMMV. I find SFO security to be as very efficient.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:36 am

Many people do, I do, but certainly YMMV. I find SFO security to be as very efficient.
I don't at all. Took nearly 30 minutes to get through for a UA flight a few days ago at the very off peak time of 7pm. Priority lane took foreverrrrr. When I fly out at the peak morning or afternoon times it's even worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.