Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

United Basic Economy (fare class N) credit to Asiana

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Folks,

I just noticed that the earning rate for United flights has the following statement in Asiana's website.

http://us.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepag...0&menuType=CMS
  • V Effective as of March 1, 2017
    N Class : Miles can be earned but cannot be used for flights
I'm looking at some United basic economy flights, which were coded as N class. Both Asiana's table and WhereToCredit http://www.wheretocredit.com/united-airlines/n suggest 50% accrual, but I'm confused by their wording.

Do they mean that they will count the miles for elite qualification purposes but these miles are not available for award tickets?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Miles can be earned - as written. N class accrual rates are as per the website
Miles cannot be used for flights - N class cannot be upgrades using miles.

Forgive the broken Korean English. I'm used to it.
codex57 and Gasolin like this.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
So what can N class miles be used for if not for flights??? I also got very confused when I looked at the updated United chart for Asian Club
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:43 am

N: 적립가능하나 탑승마일로 적용불가

Even Korean expression is weird. It looks to me that N class gets 50% redeemable miles but won't get MQM. But you need to call them and make sure.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
N: 적립가능하나 탑승마일로 적용불가

Even Korean expression is weird. It looks to me that N class gets 50% redeemable miles but won't get MQM. But you need to call them and make sure.
Ok, I finally made the time to give a call and got the confirmation that bobbybrown is correct. Indeed, United N class flights accrues 50% redeemable miles but won't count towards status qualifications.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH, AY, HHonors Gold
I recently made a trip in United Basic Economy (N class). It was rather nice with *G from Asiana: free carry-on and checked bag, early boarding and lounge access.

Oddly enough, now that my miles have credited it looks like I have earned both redeemable miles and status miles at the 50% rate. Or at least, on my "Membership status" page the "Asiana Airlines and Star Alliance Miles" number has incremented by the amount I earned for the trip. I won't complain, but clearly something is inconsistent in their IT system compared to what the customer service told the poster above.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Open_Road
I recently made a trip in United Basic Economy (N class). It was rather nice with *G from Asiana: free carry-on and checked bag, early boarding and lounge access.

Oddly enough, now that my miles have credited it looks like I have earned both redeemable miles and status miles at the 50% rate. Or at least, on my "Membership status" page the "Asiana Airlines and Star Alliance Miles" number has incremented by the amount I earned for the trip. I won't complain, but clearly something is inconsistent in their IT system compared to what the customer service told the poster above.
Hmm interesting. I'll post how N credits for me next week. What seat did you end up getting assigned?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:01 pm

Just flew BE a few days ago and was credited BOTH 50% RDM & EQM. Checked by adding up all my flight miles for my qualification period and it matched up exactly. Super happy about this, although I'm guessing it's due to OZ's software incompetence. Funny thing is this was the quickest a flight has ever credited to my account. Took just 2 days, when it's usually near a week.

But this certainly changes the proposition of BE for me if it's for example a $40 spread below normal Y. Although I've heard UA has much scaled down BE, as they've found it to be a failure, which I'm glad for. The spreads between normal Y and BE do seem to have really shrunk last I checked.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Bump, any recent experiences with Basic Economy fares? Do they still post qualifying/status miles at 50%?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Bump, any recent experiences with Basic Economy fares? Do they still post qualifying/status miles at 50%?
Yes
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Yes.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Thanks for the updates!
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Booking UA BE for late November right now. I'll make a reminder to post a DP here to see if both credits are still posting. If so, it makes it a no-brainer when using CC credits to buy a seat.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:31 pm

My last United flight was BE and credited at 50%, both redeemable and status miles.
SightseeMC, zeer0 and Aragorn7 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
DP for December: both redeemable and status still crediting.
zeer0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.