Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone tried the F Lounge at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Anyone tried the F Lounge at JFK

Hi,

Will be flying JFK to ICN next January. Does anyone know if there OZ has an F lounge at JFK (maybe a Star Alliance Co-shared?) and how is it?

Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder

You should be given a pass to the LX Hon lounge (First Class Equivalent). You'd also have access to the AI & LH lounges with your boarding pass and the LX Business class lounge.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder

You should be given a pass to the LX Hon lounge (First Class Equivalent). You'd also have access to the AI & LH lounges with your boarding pass and the LX Business class lounge.

The info on the *A lounge-finder page is not really correct, as LH does not fly out of T4 at JFK, which is the terminal that OZ uses. And I believe there's no public access between terminals airside.

LX lounge is pretty hohum, but better than sitting outside at the gate. Food's really non-existent in the LX lounge. I tend to go grab a shroom burger at Shake Shack, then move to the LX lounge.

As for the AI lounge, you're better off sitting outside in the terminal itself.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
The LX first class lounge is closed at JFK for AsianaAirlines flights. Only the biz class side is open for F pax
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
The lounge is terrible and before security.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
No the LX lounge is post-security. But yes it's pretty dire.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
You're 50% correct (or 50% wrong...)

The lounge USED TO BE before security. But this changed about 5 years ago. It's now AFTER security.

However, the lounge is still terrible. Food options are very poor, and it gets pretty crowded prior to the OZ flight leaving.

My last 2 trips flying out of JFK-T4, I've gone to Shake Shack to get a 'Shroom burger.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
You should be given a pass to the LX Hon lounge (First Class Equivalent).
I think you mean SEN lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.