Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-ICN Midnight Thirty Departure

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:53 am
Original Poster

LAX-ICN Midnight Thirty Departure

Looking at the LAX-ICN that departs at 12:30am arriving at 5:30am in F suites on the 380. I can't really determine what kind of dining services to expect from OZs awful website but United lists it as "Breakfast."

Surely there is not only one meal served. Call me petty but I don't want to burn the money to fly in an F suite overnight if the service is going to be that of a US domestic red eye.

Used the search feature and google and can't find a trip report/previous thread reflecting this timeframe.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Call OZ and ask?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your incredibly constructive comment!

I've tried calling them but spending hours on hold with OZ not understanding what the hold message is saying doesn't really seem like a good use of time.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They'll do what everyone does on TPACs in premium cabin - a dinner service following departure, a snack mid-flight if you wish, and a breakfast prior to arrival.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Kacee
They'll do what everyone does on TPACs in premium cabin - a dinner service following departure, a snack mid-flight if you wish, and a breakfast prior to arrival.
I think the real question is whether that dinner/supper service will be watered down like on SQ/JL where it's practically a J meal, or still full-ish like CX
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SilverChris
I think the real question is whether that dinner/supper service will be watered down like on SQ/JL where it's practically a J meal, or still full-ish like CX
Well that's really the question that OP didn't ask

Who knows with OZ's cost cutting lately.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
I'll be on this flight in F late next week. I figure there's probably others besides the OP who are curious, so I'll let you know what's on the menu.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Everyone but KE, that is. On their day-time TPAC, they serve the main meal soon after take-off, then another largish meal about 6 hours later, then ... nothing for the rest of the flight. Very odd. And don't get me started on their thimbles of wine.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
NH does not really offer a full dinner on its LAX-HND flight. A generous snack, but not a full dinner.

I am also curious to find out what OZ does on that midnight flight.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Anyone know if they have a full meal service in F on the redeye LAX-ICN?
(Or do they follow NH practice and just serve snacks even though the flight is like 12 hours).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:52 pm

A few months ago I got what appeared to be a full, multi-course, dinner and breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.