FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Question for first class mean LAX-ICN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1790039-question-first-class-mean-lax-icn.html)

GateGuardian Sep 10, 2016 1:42 pm

Question for first class mean LAX-ICN

Hi,

I was wondering if steak and lobster is still offer on this route for first class passengers? If so, does it require calling ahead to reserve the lobster course? Also debating between Bibimbap and the Steak/Lobster...which one do you prefer?

Thanks!

erik19283 Sep 11, 2016 5:52 am

Originally Posted by GateGuardian (Post 27193145)
Hi,

I was wondering if steak and lobster is still offer on this route for first class passengers? If so, does it require calling ahead to reserve the lobster course? Also debating between Bibimbap and the Steak/Lobster...which one do you prefer?

Thanks!

Depends on you, but since you are coming to Korea anyway, then I'd forget about the bibimbap and have some while you're in the country.

nme7 Sep 11, 2016 6:07 am

Just fyi, the gochujang sauce mixed with the bibimbap can overpower much of the flavors of other dishes and/or drinks. So if you are having wine with bibimbap, the gochujang sauce may not compliment even the strongest wines. Of course you can use gochujang sparingly when mixing with bibimbap but it seems part of the appeal of the dish is to have some heat (spice) with each bite.

jon503 Sep 13, 2016 4:59 am

Originally Posted by erik19283 (Post 27195300)
Depends on you, but since you are coming to Korea anyway, then I'd forget about the bibimbap and have some while you're in the country.

I second this, you can get much better bibimbap for well under 10USD when in Korea, I'd go for one of the Western choices.

sol95 Sep 13, 2016 5:31 am

yeah, i'd skip the bibimbap in F.

tbh, I always have a giggle at the idea of bibimbap in the luxury of F...and even in the C cabin. historically and culturally (even up to 50 years ago), bibimbap was usually the staple of the lower/poorer classes as it was a quick meal using leftover side dishes. some of my parents' friends still snobbishly refuse to eat bibimbap as they consider it "beneath" them...

Paella747 Sep 13, 2016 6:46 am

Originally Posted by nme7 (Post 27195336)
So if you are having wine with bibimbap, the gochujang sauce may not compliment even the strongest wines.

yes. best to pair your bibimbap with a nice soju..... :D
it'll cleanse the palate between spicy bites.

TennisNoob Sep 15, 2016 11:35 pm

Forget the bibimbap. It's the same bibimbap you see in Y/J/F. Difference is larger portion, fancier bowls and appetizers. I usually like picking the cultural food of the airline in this case Korean but bibimbap is such an shame to even serve that as your mainline food.

ORDnHKG Sep 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by GateGuardian (Post 27193145)
Hi,

Thanks!

I believe lobster is gone from OZ F (doesn't matter what route) as a regular entrée for close to 10 years now due to cost cut.

Kacee Sep 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 27222713)
I believe lobster is gone from OZ F (doesn't matter what route) as a regular entrée for close to 10 years now due to cost cut.

They had it on LAX-ICN when I flew it in 2014. Nothing special though. Caviar was best part of the meal.

worldtraveller73 Sep 29, 2016 9:37 pm

Might not be completely gone - I also had a version of of the lobster LAX-ICN in 2012.

Kiwi Flyer Sep 30, 2016 12:43 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73 (Post 27282722)
Might not be completely gone - I also had a version of of the lobster LAX-ICN in 2012.

Airline menus can change a lot in 4 years. Some airlines change them at least once every month.

TennisNoob Sep 30, 2016 3:12 pm

The Royal Korea Cuisine should be skipped. Take the western dish.

worldtraveller73 Oct 3, 2016 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 27283084)
Airline menus can change a lot in 4 years. Some airlines change them at least once every month.

Of course. But the beef tenderloin dish on Air Canada International Executive Class has been around for almost 10 years now in the same variation :D

Some can be a signature dish - I got the impression that the lobster was based on past research, similar to the biminibap.

s0ssos Oct 3, 2016 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob (Post 27219013)
Forget the bibimbap. It's the same bibimbap you see in Y/J/F. Difference is larger portion, fancier bowls and appetizers. I usually like picking the cultural food of the airline in this case Korean but bibimbap is such an shame to even serve that as your mainline food.

Yea, I never understood why some bloggers rave about the bibimbap.
Maybe in the same vein of getting free ShakeShack on DeltaOne

TennisNoob Oct 3, 2016 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 27299769)
Yea, I never understood why some bloggers rave about the bibimbap.

To me the bibimbap is as bad as an legacy carrier calling it the "Royal American Meal" and than you get get mash potatos, macaroni, and Texas BBQ Briskets instead of Galbi.