Flying to NRT via ICN with Typhoon

Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Flying to NRT via ICN with Typhoon

I'm flying to Japan from New York passing through South Korea. We leave this coming Sunday, which means we arrive in Korea on the Monday. We have a connecting flight to Japan that same day. However, it appears that there is a typhoon headed to Japan slated to hit the island on Monday. I believe we will make it to South Korea without a problem, however, I worry that my flight will be cancelled to Japan. Will Asiana book us on a flight the following day if need be automatically? I've booked through PriceLine if that makes any difference.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
can only be sorted out at the airport, unless the airline releases a cancellation/change waiver notice, or actually cancels the flight.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:43 pm

I had a friend get diverted to Taipei rather than Japan.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
They have only mentioned via Twitter (in both English and Korean) that flights on the 22nd have been cancelled in advance. Even then, it was only one or two flights, not some massive cancellation. They have not made any advance announcements about other cancellations for other days in the future.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Also, I just checked Flight Aware (presuming you're flying 6:35 OZ 108). It hasn't been cancelled at all in the past week. I think you'll be fine. And this is the link from OZ.

http://kr.flyasiana.com/C/en/boardCo...&boardCmd=VIEW
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Also, I just checked Flight Aware (presuming you're flying 6:35 OZ 108). It hasn't been cancelled at all in the past week. I think you'll be fine. And this is the link from OZ.

http://kr.flyasiana.com/C/en/boardCo...&boardCmd=VIEW
Thank you so much

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.