Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Any good partners to book Asiana awards through?

Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:38 am
Original Poster

I want to book business on OZ 203 LAX to ICN. I can do it through UA for 80k and $6 or through Aeroplan for 75k and around $100. Etihad has 88k round-trip awards for Asiana, but apparently one can only book round-trips. Also, ANA only does round-trip partner awards too, I think.
But, are there other Star Alliance or other Asiana partners through which to book one-way Asiana flights for fewer than 80k points?
I don't have access to Asiana miles unfortunately.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: 1k
I don't think so.

I would book the 80,000 on UA. That is a good price saver in biz.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:15 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I think you can book through LifeMiles if that is your thing for under 80k.

We did LAX-ICN-DPS this summer for 78,000 miles one way in business. I am quite confident that LAX-ICN would be less than that if you priced it out without the extra Bali segment.

Since Asiana usually releases several business seats in advance, I'm even more confident booking with the bad LifeMiles search engine since availability usually turns up.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
just out of curiosity: actually i'm not able to book an award ticket on my asiana mileage account, where the itinerary would be and C2-C1-C2 (so with any *A partner!)...Am I the only one that is facing this issue?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I think you can book through LifeMiles if that is your thing for under 80k.

We did LAX-ICN-DPS this summer for 78,000 miles one way in business. I am quite confident that LAX-ICN would be less than that if you priced it out without the extra Bali segment.
Using LifeMiles, it would be 78,000 miles to ICN, 81,000 to DPS.

Hardly worth it compared to UA, given the complex LifeMiles routing rules, the hassles of booking, and the impossibility of making changes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.