FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Best showers at ICN? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1713145-best-showers-icn.html)

maestro1981 Sep 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Best showers at ICN?

Hi All,

I'm flying for the first time with OZ! From Sydney to Rome (and return) in Business. I'm a Star Gold member also.

I'd like to know where the best lounge showers are? I believe there are three lounges I can use? 2x Asiana ones and 1x Singapore Airlines one?? Correct?

Thanks in advance!!

sol95 Sep 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Incorrect.

You're flying OZ, meaning you only have access to the OZ business lounge in the main terminal, and none of the concourse ones (the other OZ lounge and the SQ lounge), since you can get to the concourse, but you're going to have a mighty hard time getting back, let alone trying to explain why you're there!

So you don't have a choice...it's just the showers in the OZ business lounge.

gpia Sep 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by maestro1981 (Post 25490677)
I'd like to know where the best lounge showers are?

While i didn't know about the concourse deal, rest assured the J main concourse showers are perfectly fine. Clean and spacious, and you'll find all toiletries you'll probably need (aside from deodorant). When you arrive, go ask for one right away in case there's a wait!

Kacee Sep 28, 2015 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by guidospizza (Post 25491579)
the J main concourse showers are perfectly fine. Clean and spacious, and you'll find all toiletries you'll probably need (aside from deodorant). When you arrive, go ask for one right away in case there's a wait!

Agreed.

You will be limited to the OZ business lounge in the main terminal, but the showers there are just fine. Amenities are a bit lacking - if you need more than soap and shampoo, bring your own.

Originally Posted by sol95 (Post 25491543)
Incorrect.

OP asked a reasonable question. Such a charming response.

t_cliff Sep 28, 2015 9:26 pm

If OP has enough time during transfer, can OP go thru custom and into Korea per se, then access the other OZ and Singapore Airlines lounge?

Kiwi Flyer Sep 29, 2015 12:57 am

Originally Posted by t_cliff (Post 25491691)
If OP has enough time during transfer, can OP go thru custom and into Korea per se, then access the other OZ and Singapore Airlines lounge?

Doesn't address the issue. If visiting satellite terminal airside (where the lounges are) there is no easy way to get back to main terminal (need to be let through to arrivals in the satellite).

Kiwi Flyer Sep 29, 2015 12:58 am

Originally Posted by maestro1981 (Post 25490677)
Hi All,

I'm flying for the first time with OZ! From Sydney to Rome (and return) in Business. I'm a Star Gold member also.

I'd like to know where the best lounge showers are? I believe there are three lounges I can use? 2x Asiana ones and 1x Singapore Airlines one?? Correct?

Thanks in advance!!

As well as showers in the lounges, there are free public showers in the main terminal.

Steve Weagant Sep 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Ease of access to free public showers

I'll be flying in business class on miles and a friend will be traveling in economy class. We have a 5 hour layover at icn from 4 am to 9 am. How hard is it to get to the free showers? How do they compare to showers in bc lounge?

Kiwi Flyer Oct 1, 2015 2:09 am

The public showers are up one level from the main departures area in the base of the main terminal. Very easy to find & get to.

Steve Weagant Oct 1, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks kiwi flyer

Appreciate the info.

sol95 Oct 1, 2015 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 25502502)
The public showers are up one level from the main departures area in the base of the main terminal. Very easy to find & get to.

Just some extra info, in case you weren't aware...

While the showers are free, you need to pay for towel and amenities. So if you wanted a completely free shower, then you'll need to pack your own in your carry-on luggage. :)

Kiwi Flyer Oct 2, 2015 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by sol95 (Post 25505958)
Just some extra info, in case you weren't aware...

While the showers are free, you need to pay for towel and amenities. So if you wanted a completely free shower, then you'll need to pack your own in your carry-on luggage. :)

Good to know.

Always know where your towel is ;)

nme7 Oct 3, 2015 7:04 am

The showers in the business class lounge are much better. You will have all the amenities available to you in the lounge. The free shower works, but it may not be in the cleanest of conditions. The rental towel could be considered an over sized hand towel. Also you might want to check the time the free showers are open. I've heard they open from 7am. Lastly, the area just past the showers on the 4th floor can be a good place to rest before your next flight. There are some very comfy reclining chairs around there.

Aventine Oct 6, 2015 4:26 am

I'd definitely rather shower in the OZ lounge than any Korean public shower facility. There's more incentive for OZ to keep it clean for guests than the other one.

maestro1981 Oct 22, 2015 2:09 am

Dear Everyone,

Thank you so much for your messages and input. It's really appreciated!!