Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
I have an upcoming transfer in ICN on the SQ8 SIN-ICN-LAX flight. However the transfer is only 1.5hours. I really do want to get my hands on my diamond plastic rectangle thingy. Do you think its enough time to rush out thru immigration and pick up the card and go back thru immigration? Kinda risky. Taking Business if that helps :/
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by DreamHigh
I have an upcoming transfer in ICN on the SQ8 SIN-ICN-LAX flight. However the transfer is only 1.5hours. I really do want to get my hands on my diamond plastic rectangle thingy. Do you think its enough time to rush out thru immigration and pick up the card and go back thru immigration? Kinda risky. Taking Business if that helps :/
Not enough time, unless you arrive really early. Also potentially immigration won't let you enter Korea given you are flying SIN-LAX on the same aircraft.

SQ uses satellite terminal so you would need to take the train to main terminal, clear immigration, get the card, reclear immigration & security, and take the train back to satellite terminal; all in about an hour.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
I'm doing YYZ-ICN-FUK later this year, with the first leg on AC, and the second leg on OZ. 1.5 hour transfer time, flying in C. Would I be able to pull off getting the card? Is there an airside place to do this?

I've never been to ICN before, so I'd prefer to spend my time checking out the OZ lounge, but a plastic card could come in handy. Right now, I printed the online version and glued it to cardboard -- it gets a few raised eyebrows at some lounges, but they take it.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
If you were to have any luck, it would be at the lounge. You certainly won't be able to clear security and go to the desk landside.
Old May 27, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Has anyone tried to ask for a card at the lounge?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:11 pm

I was upgraded to diamond a couple of weeks ago. Two days ago, I received an email from Asiana which stated I'm now a diamond member. As I'm based in Germany, I sent an email to the Frankfurt office and kindly asked, whether it would be possible for them to provide me with a plastic card, since I had issues entering the lounge without a plastic card. Also, I asked for a luggage tag. Both arrived today ^
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by charly1684
I was upgraded to diamond a couple of weeks ago. Two days ago, I received an email from Asiana which stated I'm now a diamond member. As I'm based in Germany, I sent an email to the Frankfurt office and kindly asked, whether it would be possible for them to provide me with a plastic card, since I had issues entering the lounge without a plastic card. Also, I asked for a luggage tag. Both arrived today ^
What is the email of the Frankfurt office? Can't find it online on the Asiana website. I'm going to try them as a last ditch effort for a card and luggage tag. I too simply want it to more easily get into LH and especially LX lounges, as the latter still has dragons that are hawkish about seeing a physical card.

I'm in Germany right now and will be here for another week. I'm hoping that because I'm pretty close to Frankfurt (1.5 hour drive) I'll have a chance to get it. If not, I'll just have my family here send it to me back to the US . Although, maybe it's worth it to ask if they ship them to the US. I got my gold card through the Korean office.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ok so I finally found the email, after having first emailed an outdated one. It's [email protected] . They ship only to Germany though, not anywhere else.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by zeer0
Ok so I finally found the email, after having first emailed an outdated one. It's [email protected] . They ship only to Germany though, not anywhere else.
Sometimes there are also issues. Back when I was based in Germany, I first didn't get my card shipped at all. Then I called and asked and two cards were shipped - from Korea. So just in case your card doesn't arrive within a week or two, give them a call.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by jon503
Sometimes there are also issues. Back when I was based in Germany, I first didn't get my card shipped at all. Then I called and asked and two cards were shipped - from Korea. So just in case your card doesn't arrive within a week or two, give them a call.
I don't even think Korea ships cards anymore, at least not to the US. They also shipped me 2 gold ones a while back, but I've had no luck getting even a single diamond one from them
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:41 pm

Can confirm I received both a card and luggage tag from the German office. Came very quickly, in just 2 days. They had told me it would be 2 weeks. Someone must have thought there was money in the envelope though, because it came partially ripped on the top.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:22 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by zeer0
Someone must have thought there was money in the envelope though, because it came partially ripped on the top.
A FF card hidden in an envelope has the same size & feel as a credit card.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
A FF card hidden in an envelope has the same size & feel as a credit card.
I've never had a credit card envelope being opened like that.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Adding another data point to this: I emailed the Sydney office to request a card in late August, and it has just arrived today.
buffegg likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:05 am

Is it still possible to pick up OZ Diamond cards at ICN Asiana Club counter?

Can you remind me where the counter is located? I seem to remember something close to the bank of check in counters but the counter runs parallel to the walking concourse?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.