Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gasolin
UA lounge in MSP and AC lounge in YUL denied you? I've been using those lounges pretty often and I just scan the flight tickets which has the OZ *G number included.
But maybe you were flying another *A carrier than UA or AC? In this case, maybe they do ask for the card indeed. That sucks if that's the case.
Though the card number should be included in all the tickets.
I was travelling using ticket purchased by my company, instead of my own OZ *G number, I had to use the company account with another *A carrier. That account does not have status associated with it.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
It is not legal. The miles are private , and company can not touch it. You may report it to FFP , they will suspend the account.
For company there are another programs (like LH PPB)
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:10 pm
Suspended

No, my institution has a coroperate account with another airlines. All ticket purchased through the institution must be credited to.that account. I did not mean another Asiana Club account for company trips.

However, without a physical card, I had troubles in using benefits associated with my *G status especially for domestic flights in US/Canada.

Last edited by cwl6750084; Dec 20, 2016 at 5:40 pm
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Is it still possible to get the plastic membership card? Based on what others wrote in this thread, I had my assistant service call Asiana in the US (800-227-4262) and she could not convince them to issue a plastic card.

Here's what she wrote to me about the result of her second call, where I instructed her to tell them I fly out of some airports where they require the physical card:

"I called the Asiana Club Membership and spoke to a customer service representative. She stated that your mobile membership card will gain you access to all Star Alliance airlines. The Asiana Club does not issue physical cards anymore. I've asked her twice to confirm this information. "

So am I out of luck? Maybe someone should start a service where you email them your digital membership card and they print it on nice plastic.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: OZ*G, LA/Emerald, StarbucksHK Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jfidler
Is it still possible to get the plastic membership card? Based on what others wrote in this thread, I had my assistant service call Asiana in the US (800-227-4262) and she could not convince them to issue a plastic card.

Here's what she wrote to me about the result of her second call, where I instructed her to tell them I fly out of some airports where they require the physical card:

"I called the Asiana Club Membership and spoke to a customer service representative. She stated that your mobile membership card will gain you access to all Star Alliance airlines. The Asiana Club does not issue physical cards anymore. I've asked her twice to confirm this information. "

So am I out of luck? Maybe someone should start a service where you email them your digital membership card and they print it on nice plastic.
Like previous suggestions, try calling their Korean line (at GMT+9 working hours), use SIMPLE english and basically beg and plea that you've been deny access to lounges using your digital card. They might then transfer you to a supervisor and then mail you a Plastic card. Not 100% but it might work.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Would my expired OZ*G card work for lounge access to *G lounges, assuming I'm still a OZ*G? I know the card has an expiration date printed on it, but at many lounges they swipe the card to verify access -- is it checking some database to see my status and how long it's active or just reading it off the card?

I'm flying SK tomorrow out of IAD, which uses the LH lounge, but I'll be crediting the points to SK where I don't have any status. I'd like to figure out the easiest way to gain access to the LH lounge using my OZ*G status, as it won't be printed on the boarding pass. I have my plastic card that's expired, and also a printed copy of the "online" card though it looks almost fake to me.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Is OZ really saving that much $/won in skimping on the card and package when someone qualifies/requalifies? I mean, sure I understand not printing anything for the general (silver) tier (unlike NH, what a waste), and possibly even the gold (*S) level, as the card isn't used for anything of true substance anyway. But Diamond and above, especially since they're printed every 2-4 years unlike most annual-qualifying carriers, is it truly that big of an expense? Worst case, I'd even maybe understand defaulting to not printing cards at all for anyone as you want now (as most may not notice/care), but if you have Diamonds (and above) going out of their way to physically call and request/beg for it (this must be a small fraction of an already small pool), saying they truly NEED it for real reasons, why not PRINT IT THEN for your FFs? Even if you contract this out, a 30 mil dual-sided color plastic card is at most USD$1 to print, even less at any real volume (think $0.20-0.40/card) plus another buck to lick and mail it. Not to mention if you own the printer yourself somewhere - sheesh it's so nominal.

If this is a business decision, I don't get it. OZ, if you're reading, if a Diamond takes half an hour out of their day (at whatever billable/wage rate they're at) calling for a $2 loyalty product from you once every 2-4 years after flying 40-100k+, to help them with said 10's-of-thousands of flying miles dealing with countless unidentified/untrained lounge dragons, JUST GIVE IT TO THEM. Seriously, what's your point?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
In my experience about 9 months ago, I just had to keep bugging them everywhere until they sent me not 1 but 2 cards . I tried calling first to no avail although they kept promising it was coming. I also sent emails and messages to both of Asiana's Facebook pages. The American Asiana page was most helpful, and led to the card finally shipping. In total it took about 6 weeks for me to get the card, and then another one came right after. But now I'm nervous that even this won't be enough. I'm about to reach Diamond, where having the card matters a lot more. Anyone have any success at getting a card recently?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: OZ*G, LA/Emerald, StarbucksHK Lifetime Gold
I know that the card's design is horrible (though the clear bit looks ok), but I really would like Asiana to send luggage tags along with their cards.. After bugging them and them sending the card they are now saying that they won't sent out luggage tag... Thought it was part of the package.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by zeer0
In my experience about 9 months ago, I just had to keep bugging them everywhere until they sent me not 1 but 2 cards . I tried calling first to no avail although they kept promising it was coming. I also sent emails and messages to both of Asiana's Facebook pages. The American Asiana page was most helpful, and led to the card finally shipping. In total it took about 6 weeks for me to get the card, and then another one came right after. But now I'm nervous that even this won't be enough. I'm about to reach Diamond, where having the card matters a lot more. Anyone have any success at getting a card recently?

I tried repeatedly with both Korean and English lines since August to no avail. I now sorted to input my OZ number when check-in and then ask the agent to change my number to my other account after printing the boarding pass for personal trips. For my business trips, I simply switch to AA. Very annoying indeed.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: BA, CX, OZ
I recently sent an email to Asiana Club China to request for a physical card after qualifying for Diamond. Not hearing anything back after a week or so (not even a rejection), I sent another message through the comments section on the Asiana website basically reiterating that I need a physical card for lounge access while also bringing up my semi-annoyance of having received no response from my previous email. Sure enough, the next day I received a call from my local OZ office who promised to order a physical card for me, which I got 3 weeks later

Very good service recovery indeed^
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:02 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Had an issue twice last week at FRA, lounge dragon both times demanded a physical card. Was able to use my expired card in combination with my current digital one.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by GuyverII
Had an issue twice last week at FRA, lounge dragon both times demanded a physical card. Was able to use my expired card in combination with my current digital one.
This happened to me as well in BRU last week, fortunately I do have a physical card so I was let in. It seems that most issues here are with LH Group airlines.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by KL714
This happened to me as well in BRU last week, fortunately I do have a physical card so I was let in. It seems that most issues here are with LH Group airlines.
Happened to me twice in FRA in the past month — both times at the AC MLL though. OTOH had no issue at the LH SEN lounge in B, BP was good enough.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Not sure why the lounge dragon still demanded a physical card on the digitel era.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.