Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond+ Lifetime, JL Diamond
I dutifully saved my OZ digital membership card as a PDF to my phone and on the two occasions I was asked to show my card (LH lounge at FRA, AC lounge at YVR), the staff first asked for a physical card and eventually begrudgingly accepted the digital version.

While I applaud OZ for going digital, there needs to be a coordinated effort across *A to train the counter and lounge staff. Ideally all the airlines would adopt a consistent approach for handling membership credentials.
buffegg likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *G, TG Silver, PG Priority
Thumbs up

Finally I got my diamond kit containing physical card and a plastic luggage tag.
I qualified as diamond on 31 december but after one month I had received nothing.
Then contacted Asiana via their facebook page asking for the card.
They replied they will send a diamond kit the day after, then I waited for one month and a half but I received nothing.
So I ask them info about it and they said :
"if you really need one, we will resend you a new diamond kit",
but luckily the same day I received it. ^
Everytime I contacted them, they replied really quickly and were willing to help me.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: OZ *G, AB Sapphire
Originally Posted by FranBkk
Finally I got my diamond kit containing physical card and a plastic luggage tag.
I qualified as diamond on 31 december but after one month I had received nothing.
Then contacted Asiana via their facebook page asking for the card.
They replied they will send a diamond kit the day after, then I waited for one month and a half but I received nothing.
So I ask them info about it and they said :
"if you really need one, we will resend you a new diamond kit",
but luckily the same day I received it. ^
Everytime I contacted them, they replied really quickly and were willing to help me.
Good to know as I'm planning to qualify for diamond as well over the next months. On which fb account did you contact them? USA or Korea? And from where was your kit sent?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *G, TG Silver, PG Priority
Originally Posted by BigWilly
Good to know as I'm planning to qualify for diamond as well over the next months. On which fb account did you contact them? USA or Korea? And from where was your kit sent?
I contacted them through Korean account, they sent it out of Seoul.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BigWilly
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe all the cards are sent through from Korea.

If you need a card and are travelling through ICN, the easiest is to simply go to the OZ info counter and request a card. They'll print one out on the spot.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:49 pm

I'm going to TOFTT and stick it out with this digital card for as long as I can bear it, mostly as an experiment to see where I run into problems.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:15 am

Programs: Some
Organisation is 10/10 at Asiana lol..

So randomly today I received a plastic card. What's odd is that I already received one a couple of months ago?!? Can't complain though as my other card was poorly coloured and had a black smudge on it. Even more interesting about today's mail is the instructions on how to use a bag tag - yet none are supplied in the package.

Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:06 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I still use my original Asiana Magic Miles card, without a star alliance logo. Same account number all these years.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
I still use my original Asiana Magic Miles card, without a star alliance logo. Same account number all these years.
Old skool, sweet!

FWIW I have yet to encounter any *A issues on NH/BR/UA with my dinky digital Asiana Club "card".
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: OZ Diamond
In case anyone is still wondering, they are still available at the Asiana desk in the arrivals lounge at ICN (far right hand side, pretty much in the corner).
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:35 pm

I don't understand why some people are concerned with OZ not issuing the plastic cards.
All you need is your membership number.
It's all in the system.
I never carry any airline/hotel status cards in my wallet because I simply have too many cards, and I had ZERO issues so far by not having a physical card.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Some airline lounges still ask for them, and its more reliable than the mobile app (such as if your phone battery dies).

I've had some troubles before where the lounge agent was adamant she needed a membership card, took me 20mins before I was finally allowed in...
It's just easier not to run into these types of situations

@monokuro Thx for the update! heading to ICN tmrw! Great to know they still issue them!

Last edited by DreamHigh; Jul 24, 2016 at 1:21 am Reason: sp
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by agjil
I don't understand why some people are concerned with OZ not issuing the plastic cards.
All you need is your membership number.
It's all in the system.
I never carry any airline/hotel status cards in my wallet because I simply have too many cards, and I had ZERO issues so far by not having a physical card.
You're lucky, and probably traveling to other places than myself and others are. It's not a vanity thing. There's places out there where you need a physical card, no matter how smoothless it goes in 97% of other places. There's not always a "system".
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by gpia
You're lucky, and probably traveling to other places than myself and others are. It's not a vanity thing. There's places out there where you need a physical card, no matter how smoothless it goes in 97% of other places. There's not always a "system".
Agreed, UA never asked for my physical card and just used the airlines ticket. TAP almost kicked me out of the lounge just because I didn't have my physical card (thank God, my wife had hers).
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FranBkk
I contacted them through Korean account, they sent it out of Seoul.
How did you contact them through their FB account? I need a plastic card as UA, to a lesser extent AC, need a card to get in if you have a domestic or Canada-US boarding cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.