Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Infant in F LAX - ICN Aeroplan booking

Old May 19, 15, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold

I am trying to get my wife and baby to China and wanted to know if anyone knew the official policy regarding infants in F for the suites product. I would be happy in J but on the date I need to travel only F seats are available. I found a thread that said no but then a reply that said OZ got in trouble for that policy so now *A award bookings are ok for infants in F but not OZ redemptions by their own members. I called Aeroplan and they said they would ticket but I called OZ and they said infants were not allowed. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance.
Old May 19, 15, 8:06 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; VA Gold; HH Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by UnitedEF View Post
I am trying to get my wife and baby to China and wanted to know if anyone knew the official policy regarding infants in F for the suites product. I would be happy in J but on the date I need to travel only F seats are available. I found a thread that said no but then a reply that said OZ got in trouble for that policy so now *A award bookings are ok for infants in F but not OZ redemptions by their own members. I called Aeroplan and they said they would ticket but I called OZ and they said infants were not allowed. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance.
I don't get it.

So you called OZ and they said no, so why are you asking about the official policy? I would've thought OZ's answer WAS the official policy...

Of course, you can try. And asking about the likelihood of being allowed an infant in F is something others can comment on. maybe that's what you're asking...
Old May 20, 15, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sol95 View Post
I don't get it.

So you called OZ and they said no, so why are you asking about the official policy? I would've thought OZ's answer WAS the official policy...

Of course, you can try. And asking about the likelihood of being allowed an infant in F is something others can comment on. maybe that's what you're asking...
Sorry you didn't get it. I searched in this forum and there was a relevant thread that said they used to not allow infants in F but then OZ got in trouble with *A so now they allow it. I wanted to call and confirm and the first agent said absolutely not. I then waited and called back the second agent said they do not allow it if it is booked through OZ as either revenue or award however since they cannot stop *A partners to ticket it they will allow it. I was simply looking for any experiences from others who ticketed and flew OZ F suites for actual experiences. I went ahead and ticketed with aeroplan and will report back if we are DB.
Old May 20, 15, 10:52 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Gold, Hertz President's Circle
If you are able to ticket an infant on OZ in Aeroplan, or any other Star Alliance program, then you should be allowed on board in that cabin with an infant.

I believe (without reading the other threads) that Asiana would be obligated under their membership with Star Alliance to offer fare categories in line with other members of Star Alliance.
Old May 23, 15, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Yeah I believe they got in trouble with *A so they have to accept the bookings. I feel bad for those with OZ miles though! Thanks for the reply!
Old Jun 6, 15, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
We just came back in F on the A380 ICN-LAX, no issues with our one year old. I used United miles for the award tickets. We purchased infant ticket by calling United. (cheaper than Asiana's quote)
Old Aug 19, 15, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PromoGoogler View Post
We just came back in F on the A380 ICN-LAX, no issues with our one year old. I used United miles for the award tickets. We purchased infant ticket by calling United. (cheaper than Asiana's quote)
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Did you have to wait until 2 days prior to departure to assign seats as well? I read about their happy mommy service for my wife but don't know is that's possible or what it entails.
Old Aug 19, 15, 9:20 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
The Happy Mom service info is here. https://kr.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepa...0&menuType=CMS

I've actually seen the Happy Mom counter at ICN and was quite surprised!
Old Aug 19, 15, 10:31 pm

I hope there are no infants in the F cabin next time I fly OZ F.
Airlines should not allow infants in first class cabins.
I had too many occasions where non-stop screaming/crying babies destroyed the whole first class experience.
I'm paying a lot of money for the secluded and quiet environment onboard and expect to have it.
Old Aug 20, 15, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by agjil View Post
I hope there are no infants in the F cabin next time I fly OZ F.
Airlines should not allow infants in first class cabins.
I had too many occasions where non-stop screaming/crying babies destroyed the whole first class experience.
I'm paying a lot of money for the secluded and quiet environment onboard and expect to have it.
I hear ha I was like you until I got married and had a kid. I went from EXP to Gold on AA. This is my only international flight for the last two years and F was the only thing I could confirm 3 months in advance so I thought I would blow some of my 1 million mile / point stash. I am planning everything I can to try and keep my baby boy quite for the whole flight. He's been good on short flights thus far. Usually falling asleep quickly and only making noise when he is hungry. Hoping that will still be the case on this flight.
Old Aug 20, 15, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes View Post
The Happy Mom service info is here. https://kr.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepa...0&menuType=CMS

I've actually seen the Happy Mom counter at ICN and was quite surprised!
Cool thanks!
Old Aug 23, 15, 2:02 pm

I really hope you are not flying with me on my flight. Seriously.
The last thing I want is a baby in F.
Old Mar 15, 16, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Big_Foot View Post
I really hope you are not flying with me on my flight. Seriously.
The last thing I want is a baby in F.
Just to report back my baby slept like a baby for the entire trip. I guess we are lucky to have a good baby. Everything went smoothly no problems at checkin or anything like that. The OZ flight attendants loved holding him. So as long as you aren't using the OZ program to book you are fine.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: