FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Lounges in ICN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1656795-lounges-icn.html)

nme7 Jul 15, 2015 7:10 pm

That is exactly it. The business lounge is one large lounge with two separate seating areas.

BingoWingo Jul 20, 2015 11:23 pm

have a question..I read that you cant use 2 lounges of Asiana on same day.

My question is, I am arriving from Manila at 5:10 am and departing for LAX at 2:50pm. My parents were able to maintain their OZ Diamond card(Star Alliance Gold), and I was downgraded to OZ Gold. Considering I have 2 lounge coupons for Asiana Business Club lounge, can I use it upon arrival and then be the guest for my parents when we go back to the airport by 1 pm(as I would be taking the free tours at Incheon airport). Would the system allow me entry for the Star Gold lounge at Incheon then?

Thanks for the replies.

nme7 Jul 21, 2015 7:52 am

When arriving at ICN, they are usually only two choices. Go through Immigration or go to the Transfer Desk.

If you go through Immigration, you won't have access to the lounge. But this is the way you can get outside to take the free tours.

If you go through the Transfer Desk, you will be sent upstairs where the Lounge will be. Not sure if the Lounge is open that early but then if you want to go outside, you will have to speak to someone at the Immigration area.

The Asiana Business Lounge is the *G lounge. I wasn't sure if you were implying they were two separate lounges.

The only way to do what you want would be to go through the Transfer Desk option.

There was an earlier post of someone trying to access both Asiana lounges (main and concourse terminal) on the same day. But in your case, I believe you will be accessing the same lounge, but at different times. Is it ok? I've never tried but I think you could give some simple explanation saying you wanted to do some duty free shopping or eat at the restaurants below.

mikeycanuk Jul 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Thanks for the tips! Will be doing OZ-OZ transfer and trying the F lounge. Glad to know it's the main terminal one!

As per the duty free shopping how are the liqour prices?

Found the pricing in SYD abysmal, just like at home in YYZ.

As for lounge food, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING can be as bad as United LAX terminal 6. $13US for a tiny glass of wine, meager food, just bad, tired and outdated (like the FA's on our flight). Especially compared to the Qantas SYD domestic heaven of a lounge we had the next day.

jon503 Jul 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk (Post 25191964)
Thanks for the tips! Will be doing OZ-OZ transfer and trying the F lounge. Glad to know it's the main terminal one!

As for lounge food, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING can be as bad as United LAX terminal 6. $13US for a tiny glass of wine, meager food, just bad, tired and outdated (like the FA's on our flight). Especially compared to the Qantas SYD domestic heaven of a lounge we had the next day.

Oh some UA lounges definitely take the cake. I've been starved on a layover in Dallas only to find some carrot sticks and ranch dip as the only thing remotely resembling food.

As for liquor prices, I haven't ever shopped for it myself, but I did glance at prices out of curiosity and everything I saw was quite a bit more expensive than just going to a regular store in Europe. Compared to Korea groundside, however, prices are very good.

BingoWingo Aug 8, 2015 8:18 am

Originally Posted by nme7 (Post 25149276)
When arriving at ICN, they are usually only two choices. Go through Immigration or go to the Transfer Desk.

If you go through Immigration, you won't have access to the lounge. But this is the way you can get outside to take the free tours.

If you go through the Transfer Desk, you will be sent upstairs where the Lounge will be. Not sure if the Lounge is open that early but then if you want to go outside, you will have to speak to someone at the Immigration area.

The Asiana Business Lounge is the *G lounge. I wasn't sure if you were implying they were two separate lounges.

The only way to do what you want would be to go through the Transfer Desk option.

There was an earlier post of someone trying to access both Asiana lounges (main and concourse terminal) on the same day. But in your case, I believe you will be accessing the same lounge, but at different times. Is it ok? I've never tried but I think you could give some simple explanation saying you wanted to do some duty free shopping or eat at the restaurants below.

thanks, i will try this option as I hope I can access the lounge quite early then:)

Aventine Aug 8, 2015 8:38 am

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk (Post 25191964)

I think there's sometimes better bargains on the OZ plane duty free cf catalogue. Pays to know the going Canadian price and compare at Lotte, Shilla or Shinsegae at ICN. Ciggies are pretty cheap if you like Marlboros.