Layover in ICN - What to do?

Old Feb 2, 15, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

9 hours Asiana to Asiana (both intl flights) layover in Seoul.. Anything you can suggest what to do?
Old Feb 2, 15, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Go to Seoul.

Go to Inchon village.

Depending on the timing, do a DMZ tour.
Old Feb 2, 15, 8:25 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
A DMZ tour can be difficult - or impossible - in 9 hours (it takes 1 - 1 1/2 hours just to get around Highway 101 to go north, and it requires registration in advance - I work in the DMZ), but you have time for a brief visit to Seoul or take the sightseeing bus (I think it's free) - ask OZ for information.
Old Feb 2, 15, 10:06 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Take the AREX train into Seoul. Don't pay the extra for the faster train. It only runs every 20 minutes anway, so you might end up waiting and eating that saved money in 10 minutes waiting.

When you get to Seoul Station, transfer to Line 1 on the subway. Easily marked. Take the train towards City Hall, just two stops to Jongak Station. Jongno area around Jongak is the main downtown area, and it's also where the most popular tourist sites are (Gyeongbokgung, Insadong, Myeongdong, Samcheondong, etc) . You could enjoy the area for 4 hours or so, then hop back on the train and be back to ICN for your connection.

More than enough time! Just don't take a limo bus, because traffic will kill your time (and it costs more than the train, anyway).
Old Feb 4, 15, 7:47 am
hco

Programs: OZ *G

You can have good and cheap raw fish at several restaurants just a short bus/taxi ride away from the airport.

See my trip report for one example: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1617938-oz-y-raw-fish-stopover-bkk-icn-lhr.html
Old Feb 4, 15, 9:39 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, CX MPC Silver
Go to a traditional spa (Jjimjilbang). I think there is even a 24h one at ICN!

http://www.airport.kr/airport/facili...o.iia?carId=39
Old Feb 8, 15, 9:50 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
If you look in the Korea forum in Flyertalk, there are many posts on suggestions of what to do with a layover at ICN. If the weather is good, I agree with Mikesaidyes and head into Seoul and get a taste of the city.
Old Feb 8, 15, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Definitely head in to Seoul.It's "only" 45 minutes on the express train so you have quite a few hours to explore some of the city.
Old Feb 8, 15, 10:03 pm

I just had a 8 hour layover in ICN in Dec 2014

Join a free tour if your time fits
Incheon(ICN) International Airport - Transit Tours
http://www.airport.kr/iiacms/pageWor...de=C1202020600

or basement has a Spa/hotel
Old Mar 18, 15, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC Elite 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Travelling from JFK to SIN with 6 hr layover in ICN. JFK to ICN in OZ business and ICN to SIN in SQ business. As my layover is from 6pm to midnight, what are my best options in terms of lounges. Have always used OZ lounges only in the past at ICN. Is there any better ones in terms of food, shower and day beds etc.

Thank you in advance
Old Mar 18, 15, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LoveSQ View Post
Travelling from JFK to SIN with 6 hr layover in ICN. JFK to ICN in OZ business and ICN to SIN in SQ business. As my layover is from 6pm to midnight, what are my best options in terms of lounges. Have always used OZ lounges only in the past at ICN. Is there any better ones in terms of food, shower and day beds etc.

Thank you in advance
KE has an arrangement with the airport Hyatt for arriving passengers to use its spa facilities as an arrival lounge. You might want to check whether OZ has a similar arrangement for you.

Otherwise, OZ lounges are good and ICN is their hub, so I would think that would be your best choice. You don't seem to be eligible to use any FC lounge.
Old Mar 18, 15, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
KE has an arrangement with the airport Hyatt for arriving passengers to use its spa facilities as an arrival lounge. You might want to check whether OZ has a similar arrangement for you.

Otherwise, OZ lounges are good and ICN is their hub, so I would think that would be your best choice. You don't seem to be eligible to use any FC lounge.
Thanks.
As *A Gold, would like to try the other *A lounges. What are my choices? SQ or LH or LX or TG etc. Checked the ICN airport website, but could not find any info on airline lounges.
Old Mar 18, 15, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by LoveSQ View Post
Thanks.
As *A Gold, would like to try the other *A lounges. What are my choices? SQ or LH or LX or TG etc. Checked the ICN airport website, but could not find any info on airline lounges.
http://www.loungebuddy.com/seoul-inc...ional-airport/

I'd say try both OZ and SQ lounges (if open), in Concourse terminal of course
Old Mar 19, 15, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung View Post
http://www.loungebuddy.com/seoul-inc...ional-airport/

I'd say try both OZ and SQ lounges (if open), in Concourse terminal of course
Thank you!!
Old Mar 25, 15, 12:43 am

Songdo is only 15-20 minutes away. It's not Seoul, far from it, but if you're only looking to kill a few hours....

It's probably been said many times, but the Asiana lounge at Incheon is really not good. I mean it's huge and, on the surface, seems impressive but on the second or third visit it starts to really piss you off, mainly because there's no excuse for putting out such poor quality food. You could almost forget you're even in Korea. It also seems to be infested with flies in at least one area of the lounge on the right side. And those massage chairs are never free, as people seem to plonk themselves down and stay there for hours

Search this Thread
Search Engine: