Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Layover in ICN - What to do?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA MM
I had the long layover several times. The lounges are great, but I usually opted for the hotel & shuttle OZ provided in Incheon to catch a few zzzs. (At least they did a few years ago; I expect it was better than having people hang out in their lounge for 9 hrs.)
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:28 pm

I'll have a 11 hr layover in ICN in early Feb and am thinking of taking the free City Tour #3 (5 hours), visiting Changdeok Palace and Samcheong dong. Any feedback on this tour, or how these transit tours are run? The second part sounds like it'll be mostly shopping, which does not interest me, especially if it'll be a lengthy shopping stop.

It'll be cold then, and I suppose a lot of outdoor walking will be involved.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:22 pm

I'm looking at doing the tour in December. It will be cold and I will not have warm clothes. Does anybody know if they provide coats?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
I'm looking at doing the tour in December. It will be cold and I will not have warm clothes. Does anybody know if they provide coats?
LOL

It's a FREE tour. What on earth makes you think they'd to cater for your warmth if you're not already prepared?!

If you don't have the right clothing to venture outside in the cold, then stay airside at ICN.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sol95
LOL

It's a FREE tour. What on earth makes you think they'd to cater for your warmth if you're not already prepared?!

If you don't have the right clothing to venture outside in the cold, then stay airside at ICN.

Considering that most routings BKK-ICN-US require a 7 hour (or more) layover at ICN, and that most who are visiting Thailand will not be carrying winter coats, this was not an unreasonable question.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:07 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
While it is hard to predict if it will be a normal freezing winter or something warmer like last winter, December is typically cold enough for a jacket. But Jan/Feb can be absolutely brutal for being outdoors. At least the palaces will not be very crowded during that time.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee

Considering that most routings BKK-ICN-US require a 7 hour (or more) layover at ICN, and that most who are visiting Thailand will not be carrying winter coats, this was not an unreasonable question.
I'm sorry, but it's an entirely unreasonable question. Where you're travelling from and where you're travelling to really doesn't have much to do with this. We're talking about FREE service provided by the airport, so it's very much unreasonable to expect anything more than a ride there and back.

I appreciate that a traveller may not be wearing suitable clothing for the weather where they're transitting. But they don't have to go on the free tour.

Asking if they provide a warm coat is, imo, the same as asking if they also include a meal. ;p
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:18 pm

I'm sorry, but it's an entirely unreasonable question.
I found several results by Googling saying that they do provide free coats. I just decided to ask FlyerTalk since it is more travel-centric and up-to-date.

Asking if they provide a warm coat is, imo, the same as asking if they also include a meal. ;p
The website clearly states that meals cost extra.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:33 am

I emailed the tour provider and they replied

Thank you for your e-mail.

Yes, we have coats in the tour bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.