Wiki Posts
Search

*G lounge departing SFO on OZ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
*G lounge departing SFO on OZ?

I tried a search but couldn't find an answer to my question. Is there a lounge option for *G economy passengers departing SFO on OZ? OZ departs from the A pier and most of the other *A airlines are in the G pier. The *A website only lists the UA RCC as the available lounge. Are you just out of luck in this case?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

According to the Asiana website the lounge they use is the China Airlines Dynasty lounge;

http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=INFO14120

Not use about *G access.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:30 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

According to the Asiana website the lounge they use is the China Airlines Dynasty lounge;

Not use about *G access.

Regards

TBS
Usually at the time of check-in, a lounge pass will be provided when a contracted lounge is involved because *G card obviously won't work.

LAX
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
OZ should give you either a lounge invite or the front of the lounge they will have a sign that says "Asian Lounge" with a *G sign on it.

At ORD when they did the night time departure, they would use the JL lounge as a contract lounge and the one time I flew that route in Y, they looked at my BP and *G card, wrote down my info, and let me in.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Not use about *G access.

Regards

TBS
Wha??? OZ doesn't use the SFO RCC?

I'm shocked, I tell you! Shocked!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 1:29 am

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by 1kBill
Wha??? OZ doesn't use the SFO RCC?

I'm shocked, I tell you! Shocked!
Who would've thought OZ would demand some form of quality. Now if we could get LH and LX to up the ante at SFO. If they can open a SEN lounge at DTW of all places (granted that a high yielding station for them) or even IAD (where there's a few RCC's and an IFL), why can't they do it in SFO (or even ORD).
Old Jun 29, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold
any current lounge news?

Any recent updates as to which lounge to use flying in C on OZ from SFO-ICN?
Is it the UA lounge? Is it a contract lounge? This will be in May 2014.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by susiesan
Any recent updates as to which lounge to use flying in C on OZ from SFO-ICN?
Is it the UA lounge? Is it a contract lounge? This will be in May 2014.
You will use the China Airlines (CI) lounge in the A-International Terminal.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
And you cannot even access the area where the UA and SQ lounges are with an OZ boarding pass. I tried it recently and was refused access by security personnel.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
You will use the China Airlines (CI) lounge in the A-International Terminal.
Is this a decent lounge for 2 hours time? Does it serve real food or just snacks?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:42 pm
RJ1

Originally Posted by susiesan
Is this a decent lounge for 2 hours time? Does it serve real food or just snacks?
I would also be interested in any recent reports of the China Airlines Dynasty Lounge at SFO.

The Asiana site shows opening hours for the lounge as 9:15am to 1:15pm.

My connecting flight on UA arrives at SFO at 7:30am. OZ213 has a scheduled departure at 12:00 noon.

What time does the Asiana check-in counter open? Any experience as to whether the Dynasty lounge opens earlier than 9:15am? I am a United Club member... I guess I could hang out in the UC in my arrival domestic terminal until the Dynasty lounge opens???

Appreciate any recommendations as to how I can spend this layover time at SFO.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by RJ1
I would also be interested in any recent reports of the China Airlines Dynasty Lounge at SFO.

The Asiana site shows opening hours for the lounge as 9:15am to 1:15pm.

My connecting flight on UA arrives at SFO at 7:30am. OZ213 has a scheduled departure at 12:00 noon.

What time does the Asiana check-in counter open? Any experience as to whether the Dynasty lounge opens earlier than 9:15am? I am a United Club member... I guess I could hang out in the UC in my arrival domestic terminal until the Dynasty lounge opens???

Appreciate any recommendations as to how I can spend this layover time at SFO.
You are arriving domestic UA? That should put you in T3 which has a airside walkway to Int'l G - where *gold lounges are (SQ, UA, Eva). You will need to then exit and reclear security to enter the other wing of int'l terminal (Int'l A) to catch your OZ flight.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 2:34 pm

The OZ lounge (China Dynasty) at SFO has good service and is comfortable, cozy but a bit small - though I've never seen it "crowded". Food offerings are decent quality, but only snacks, and the alcohol selection is fine. Good bathrooms, but I can't recall if there were showers or not . Free wifi. I've never been there before 9:15 so can't comment on the opening hours.

Interesting note about trying to access the UA and SQ lounges. I thought about doing that myself, either on an AC or OZ ticket, but it seems that it's not possible.

I once tried to enter this OZ lounge on an AC ticket, using my *A Gold status, but was denied. I was similarly denied by trying to enter the Delta lounge on an OZ ticket, but with *A Gold (AC) status. I wonder what one would do if flying OZ or AC in economy, but with *A Gold status, since neither the Delta lounge nor the China lounge is *A Gold?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
I can't remember exactly what time the OZ check-in counter opens, but seem to recall something like 09:15 to 09:30. I was first in line to check in as i had an early flight into SFO on UA as you will, and just sat around waiting for the check-in to open. I immediately went through security and to the lounge and it was open, with the attendant in the back doing whatever, and I was alone in the lounge for a while till she came out to properly check me in. I stayed for maybe 30 minutes and didn't see anyone else during that time. I then left in order to walk around during my remaining time as I was going to be sitting on the plane for a long time. The lounge was alright, nothing fantastic. I ate some sandwiches and fruit. There was also a selection of cookies and snacks that I didn't touch. No showers are available, as that was one of the main reasons I wanted to get into the SQ lounge if possible, but couldn't get past security.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by DBCme
You are arriving domestic UA? That should put you in T3 which has a airside walkway to Int'l G - where *gold lounges are (SQ, UA, Eva). You will need to then exit and reclear security to enter the other wing of int'l terminal (Int'l A) to catch your OZ flight.
SQ lounge won't open not at least until 10:30 or 11am, by the time it open it is too late for OP, as OZ depart out of Int'l A, OP has to exit the area and reclear for security to Int'l A.

BR lounge is out of the question, as their flight don't leave til after mid-night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.