Search

SPG miles posting to Asiana

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: *A
SPG miles posting to Asiana

14 days and two hours, and my SPG transfer still hasn't hit my Asiana account. Anyone else have experience transferring SPG points? How long has it taken?

All my transfers to other carriers have taken a max of five days.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:52 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
It has taken between 3 days and 3 weeks for me to transfer SPG to OZ.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by THD
It has taken between 3 days and 3 weeks for me to transfer SPG to OZ.
Mercy. That's downright terrible. Thanks for the reply THD!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:05 am

The name on my SPG account doesn't include my middle name, whereas my Asiana account does, but in a sort of oddball way, since their software pushes the first and middle names together, e.g.,

SPG: John Public
Asiana: Public, JohnQuentin

An SPG rep told me that the names had to match exactly, but in my experience the transfers still go through. They just take a long time. My experience is entirely consistent with THD's experience; I'm guessing they do the transfers twice each month, with a cutoff date. In other words, they bundle all the pending transfers and send the miles on the 15th and the last day of the month, and they post sometime after midnight in Korea on the same or next day. But you have to request the transfer prior to the transfer date or you miss getting into the bundle, etc.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
An SPG rep told me that the names had to match exactly, but in my experience the transfers still go through. They just take a long time. My experience is entirely consistent with THD's experience
My experience as well, and took over two weeks before mine came through. Thankfully they held the booking I was using them for, but you wouldn't want to rely on them for any last minute bookings.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:37 am

I have had the exact same issues with Alaska in my other thread -- except that with AS it could be a month!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ska-miles.html

So you're lucky if it makes it in within 2 weeks. Also the name issue.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:11 pm

I suspect that the number of transfers from SPG to a given airline in a two- or four-week period is probably small enough to fit on an Excel spreadsheet. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was sent as an attachment to an email, and each transfer was either manually entered into a computer system, or they had some script that would scrub the FFP numbers, names, etc., from the spreadsheet and import them into their system. Not all are like this; for example, transfers from Chase UR to airlines are realtime and immediate, in my experience.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
I suspect that the number of transfers from SPG to a given airline in a two- or four-week period is probably small enough to fit on an Excel spreadsheet. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was sent as an attachment to an email, and each transfer was either manually entered into a computer system, or they had some script that would scrub the FFP numbers, names, etc., from the spreadsheet and import them into their system. Not all are like this; for example, transfers from Chase UR to airlines are realtime and immediate, in my experience.
That would be my guess as well. I can't help but be disappointed that this has taken so long.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

3 weeks to the minute for those SPG miles to hit. I learned my lesson on this one!
Old May 31, 2015, 12:18 am

How long does it take for SPG points to transfer to Asiana?

I transferred points on consecutive days in May from SPG to Asiana, and the first set of points arrived two weeks ago but the second has yet to arrive (it's been almost a month since the second transfer).

How long does it generally take? Does Asiana only post SPG points once per month?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:28 am
THD

The time to post varies, see following threads.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...ng-asiana.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...31-spg-oz.html

Given that it has progressed a month, maybe it would be a good idea to ask SPG about the post which has not occurred.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:01 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Merging this thread with the existing one. [/mod hat]
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:01 pm

Has anyone experienced it taking more than three weeks?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:56 am
THD

I transferred SPG points approx a week ago, and they are now in my OZ account as of today. So if ohter member's guesses are right that OZ process SPG transfers at particular dates each month, then your transfer should have already been processed.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
I made a transfer on February 15. Miles showed up on February 16.

I made a transfer on February 20. Miles haven't shown up as of March 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.