Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone book an Etihad award recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone book an Etihad award recently?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 11:46 am

I live in BEY. While it is in the Middle East, it is still a ~4 hour flight to the Gulf (especially with the geopolitical situation in its neighbors), and it is a bit of a detour when the ultimate destination is west.

I have SPG points that I would consider transferring to Asiana to redeem on Etihad with its favorable rates. From what I gather in this thread, Asiana is strict about the MPM for routing. Do BEY-AUH-IAD and BEY-AUH-LHR fall into the MPM for these two routes? Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:29 am

Trouble booking Etihad

Originally Posted by THD
Just to inform everyone. Called the OZ central reservations centre in Korea, +8215888000, rather than the local sales offices. The agent was able to arrange an award ticket with EY directly, so it is possible to have an EY award with OZ miles. ^

EDIT: Just looked at the e-ticket and realised that EY do not charge fuel surcharges, SYD-AUH-FRA in F for 110 000 miles and €57 taxes!
I tried twice to call, once the Korea number, and once the US, and both times the agents claimed they cannot see Etihad First availability even though AA could see it, Expertflyer shows it, and Etihad's website shows Guest First availability. Is there something I should be telling the agent, or should I ask for a supervisor?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I'd like to book an EY F award through Asiana, but might have to cancel it later (if award space on LH opens up, which I could book for fewer miles through a different program, allowing me to save the Asiana miles for a better use).
Does Asiana offer a full refund?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I'd like to book an EY F award through Asiana, but might have to cancel it later (if award space on LH opens up, which I could book for fewer miles through a different program, allowing me to save the Asiana miles for a better use).
Does Asiana offer a full refund?
There is a USD 30 (or thereabouts) refund fee, but otherwise, yes.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Plat, OZ Diamond, Hilton D, Marriott Plat
Just share my experience here...I found one F class availability on EY website for JFK-AUH. I called the US reservation center and the agent couldn't see any availability. Then I called again in the evening PST, they transferred me to the Korean reservation center since the US center closes at 6PM PST. The agent found the availability immediately and put the ticket on hold for me, but they didn't take US credit card so I called back next morning to pay the taxes. The flight was ticketed about one hour after my payment. Pretty fast. The whole trip took me 80k miles + ~$26 taxes. Very good deal!
MightyTravels likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
The website says:
The AUH-JFK round-trip route will not be available from January 1, 2019.

Anyone aware of that?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:16 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by AzureCao
Just share my experience here...I found one F class availability on EY website for JFK-AUH. I called the US reservation center and the agent couldn't see any availability. Then I called again in the evening PST, they transferred me to the Korean reservation center since the US center closes at 6PM PST. The agent found the availability immediately and put the ticket on hold for me, but they didn't take US credit card so I called back next morning to pay the taxes. The flight was ticketed about one hour after my payment. Pretty fast. The whole trip took me 80k miles + ~$26 taxes. Very good deal!
I get the impression every single EY seat (of any fare class) is available to book by the Korean call center. That's how my availability enquiry worked for me at least.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Gasolin
The website says:
The AUH-JFK round-trip route will not be available from January 1, 2019.

Anyone aware of that?
Yes, booking AUH-JFK or JFK-AUH with OZ miles is history now.
I guess either EY or OZ has blocked this route from OZ award redemptions, so OZ miles can't be used anymore to book EY's AUH-JFK / JFK-AUH route.
The Korean call center can't do anything about it, so don't bother calling them.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Plat, OZ Diamond, Hilton D, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
I get the impression every single EY seat (of any fare class) is available to book by the Korean call center. That's how my availability enquiry worked for me at least.
Yes, I totally agree. So sad that we couldn't do the AUH-JFK route anymore...
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:03 am

It had become a famous "maximising" route for Koreans to redeem ICN-SIN-AUH-JFK in F for 80k miles (OZ J for ICN-SIN), so I would guess that's the likely reason.
Gasolin likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
It had become a famous "maximising" route for Koreans to redeem ICN-SIN-AUH-JFK in F for 80k miles (OZ J for ICN-SIN), so I would guess that's the likely reason.
Sad I am always last to know this kind of trick! I would have used it for fun from JFK to ICN!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:03 pm

So that means I won’t be able to book JFK-AUH anymore with Asiana miles? 🙁

I suppose AA’s the only way now for 115k.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
So can other Star Alliance partners be combined with Etihad? Looking at AUH-LHR-YYZ with EY/AC..
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
How was that allowed? It must be way over MPM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.