Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone book an Etihad award recently?

Anyone book an Etihad award recently?

Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:27 am
THD
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
OZ will pass on whatever fuel surchages that the operating carrier impose. EYs surcharges are relatively small compared to other airlines, but will be applied.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by llcooljayce
Hey guys,

Just jumping into this thread based on a mod's redirect.

Would SYD-AUH-JFK be a single ticket or would it be two? I'm guessing 2 because the MPM for SYD-JFK is 11,934 and the SYD-AUH-JFK routing takes it to 14,393. IATA shows MPM only over the Pacific ... so I assume it's not a legal routing.

I suppose the SYD-AUH-LHR is the best/longest routing available within MPM with the A380? I am starting in SYD or MEL
Anyone?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: LH FTL
Hello FT community,

I am stacking up some miles with Asiana and am looking into redemption opportunities.
I know about the LH F redemption from Europe to US for 50k miles. But I just found that with EY it would be also 50k miles. Is it possible to book a FRA - AUH - LAX for example for really only 50k miles in F? I believe this is too good to be true... Any hint?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyDUS
Hello FT community,

I am stacking up some miles with Asiana and am looking into redemption opportunities.
I know about the LH F redemption from Europe to US for 50k miles. But I just found that with EY it would be also 50k miles. Is it possible to book a FRA - AUH - LAX for example for really only 50k miles in F? I believe this is too good to be true... Any hint?
Asiana enforces MPM so it won't be possible.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:41 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by THD
OZ will pass on whatever fuel surchages that the operating carrier impose. EYs surcharges are relatively small compared to other airlines, but will be applied.
In my experience the fuel surcharges for Etihad are not charged by Asiana Club. LAX-AUH has a $1k YQ in ITA but Asiana agents quote ~$20 as taxes and fees - the trouble is to find an agent who knows how to find EY availability - most will come back with 'not available' for any request (i doubt they actually check). Hold times are very long currently.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:50 pm
Used to be highman123

Hello FT community,

Lufthansa YQ has gone down when flying FROM Europe quite a bit and many departure cities it is just $150 OW now. When does Asiana Club begin to see LH F? Two weeks?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Lufthansa YQ has gone down when flying FROM Europe quite a bit and many departure cities it is just $150 OW now. When does Asiana Club begin to see LH F? Two weeks?
15 days out, just like every other *A partner. Really pleasently surprised to hear the good news about the reduction in YQ. Will look out for that as I've been eyeing an LH F redemption.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:06 am

That would be fabolous news! I am close to the number of miles needed for redemption. Any advice which cities work best to avoid high YQ? Preferrably I'll be flying to west coast US
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:18 am
Used to be highman123

Try ARN first.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:25 am

Try ARN first.
Sorry, I hope that's not a to stupid question, but how do I determine the YQ that Asiana will charge me for a LH F ticket upfront? Can I check that somewhere online?
Availability I understand I need to validate via United looking for First Saver award space, but the YQ charges?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:40 pm
Used to be highman123

Sorry, I hope that's not a to stupid question, but how do I determine the YQ that Asiana will charge me for a LH F ticket upfront? Can I check that somewhere online?
Availability I understand I need to validate via United looking for First Saver award space, but the YQ charges?
ITA Matrix shows it.
FlyDUS and zeer0 like this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:11 am

Thanks MigthyTravels. So does Asiana only charge the YQ as showm in ITA Matrix for a one-way F on LH departing from ARN? This should be 125 € then.
Alternatively a bit closer to Germany BLL should work fine as well then?

Last edited by FlyDUS; Apr 24, 2018 at 7:59 am
Old May 8, 2018, 4:31 am

Also looking to use OZ miles for Etihad...

Any data points from anyone out there on the process? I am looking to transfer 65k SPG points into Asiana for an Etihad Apartment booking for One Way SEZ-AUH-JFK which is 80k Asiana Miles (based on their chart)....the SEZ to AUH leg is fairly consistent with Award space (and J only) while the harder spot has been the AUH to JFK leg.

1) Does Asiana allow you to hold awards while you transfer points/miles?
2) How long has everyone been seeing their transfer from SPG to OZ take?
3) What has everyone been seeing for current taxes + fees + Carrier imposed surcharges etc for such an Award?
4) Any tips on the process? Am i missing something? (I am searching for Award space by using Etihad's own Guest Availability)

Thanks!!
Old May 8, 2018, 5:49 am
THD
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL
Any data points from anyone out there on the process? I am looking to transfer 65k SPG points into Asiana for an Etihad Apartment booking for One Way SEZ-AUH-JFK which is 80k Asiana Miles (based on their chart)....the SEZ to AUH leg is fairly consistent with Award space (and J only) while the harder spot has been the AUH to JFK leg.

1) Does Asiana allow you to hold awards while you transfer points/miles?
2) How long has everyone been seeing their transfer from SPG to OZ take?
3) What has everyone been seeing for current taxes + fees + Carrier imposed surcharges etc for such an Award?
4) Any tips on the process? Am i missing something? (I am searching for Award space by using Etihad's own Guest Availability)

Thanks!!
1 - No
2 - Depends. Search for the SPG thread on this forum. Anywhere from 3 days to 3 months. My last transfer took ~3 weeks.
3 - A search on Matrix shows taxes and surcharges for SEZ-AUH-JFK coming to 90 USD
4 - It is pretty straightforward, but as per earlier posts in this thread, not all OZ telephone agents can handle such bookings.
SLINKYTRAVEL likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:35 am

1. You can only hold for 72 hours.
2. Mine took approx. 10 days.
3. They used to not charge any YQ, but now it seems they are sometimes charging it. AUH-LHR (which should be around 30USD w/o YQ) was USD 200.
4. Etihad website is accurate from OZ's screens. Some worldwide offices can book Etihad, but others cannot - if in doubt, call the Korean line during Korean business hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.