Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing OZ Award?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Changing OZ Award?

We booked 2 award tickets a couple months ago, which we needed to have a family member to go a OZ Booking office in Korea to pay for the taxes. Does anyone have experience changing a segment on an award which was ticketed at a physical office over the phone/email? The departure is outside of Korea, but due to YQ's issues, we want the issuing office to remain in Korea (or anywhere that isn't Singapore - the nearest physical office for us)

What are the change fees anyway?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
I just changed an award ticket a few weeks ago with no problem. I booked the ticket and paid the taxes at ICN airport many months ago, then called the Korea call center a few days before the flight and changed the date. No problem and didn't pay any fees. I'm D+ though, so not sure if that affected not paying any fees, though don't think so. I was the sole passenger, and remained the sole passenger on the changed itinerary. I modified my flight to a different airport, but the mileage was the same.

A couple years ago I'd made an award booking which included other people and paid the tax at the OZ ticket office in Korea. One of them couldn't make it and I wanted to change the passenger to someone else. For that I had to go into the office to make the change.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 1:55 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
I have a BKK-SYD award on TG booked with OZ before the change to the redemption table. I would like to change both outbound and inbound dates. There is availability. Anybody know if I will be charged the difference between the old mileage rates and the new?

My previous experience with the old award were date changes could be made and if no rerouting, same carrier, then change is not regarded as cancel and rebook new ticket. Not sure now the award table has changed. Keen to avoid paying the new rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.